You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00229428-390
Senior Program Management Officer - Agile Practitioner
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is the only company in the world offering extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography machines. These machines are indispensable to producing faster, cheaper and more energy-efficient microchips. In a 2021 New York Times article the ASML machines were labeled “the most complicated machines humans have built”. Since the ASML machines are an important cornerstone in global mega trends like robotics, big data, AI and IoT, the company is expected to continue its growth in the upcoming years to an annual turnover of 28-35 USD Billion by 2025. In this vibrant and exciting environment it is the ONE Program mission to realize the key business capabilities that are essential to deliver on this promise.
Within ASML, the ONE Program works on transforming ASML into a future enterprise that uses state of the art product life cycle management (PLM) practices that support, at scale, the increasingly complex configurations of the EUV machines. This requires that also operations: business processes, people, organization and supporting systems are adapted to these new and improved PLM practices.
Role and responsibilities
As Senior Program Management Officer and experienced Scaled Agile practitioner you have a prominent role in steering and controlling the ONE Program. The purpose of the ONE PMO team is to ensure reliable management information to steer the success of the Program. You will collaborate with the Program, Project and ART teams to support program execution, measure performance and coordinate compliance to the governance. As a Senior Program Management Officer, you are subject matter expert for PMO best practices, foster operational excellence and will lead further PMO improvements that help to become better, faster, leaner and more reliable. As Senior Program Management Officer, you are therefore:
- Hands on team player with primary focus on Program governance & related tasks;
- Engaging with teams to apply the agreed governance and processes;
- Lead, drive and support further governance improvements e.g. Planning / Roadmapping, Priority balancing, Scope Management, Capacity & Capability management, Architectural Runway, Change control etc.
- Pro-actively connecting, enabling and challenging stakeholders;
- Signaling & escalation when needed and based on your own objective judgement.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience as project/program/portfolio management (PMO) expert or practical experience in a project/program and/or Solution/ART(SAFe) in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience with complex scheduling using MS Projects / Enterprise Projects or similar tool.
- Preferably experience in an Agile/SAFe environment, with Agile coaching and tooling like Jira Align or similar.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.To thrive in this job as a Senior Program Management Officer, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent communication, fluent in English, being able to influence without hierarchical power, and creative in managing a large and diverse range of stakeholders;
- Maintain personal effectiveness and people focus under pressure, high speed of change and uncertainty;
- Ability to guide, coach and advise to effect sustainable change and improving the teams collaboration maturity level;
- Team player, enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams with the ability to work independently;
- Takes ownership, gets things done and pro-actively chases the changes.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Interested in this position of Senior Program Manager? Please apply with cv and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.