You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00229758-941
Logistics & supply chain management
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Logistics & supply chain management, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The Sourcing Lead has responsibility for the overall relationship between ASML and a set of our key suppliers. Current suppliers will be managed for performance, while potential new suppliers will be uncovered and readied for future business as needed. This position requires a combination of skills in strategic thinking, leadership, initiative, professional communication, financial/business analysis, and is greatly aided by a background in engineering or technology.
In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity (supply base) to ensure ASML is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers. You will be expected to continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
Role and responsibilities
- Monitors developments and trends within the supply baseand ensures ASML is prepared to react appropriately.
- Drives supplier selection activities by leading one ormore Sourcing Teams.
- Drives continuous cost and lead time reduction.
- Prepares supplier spending forecasts.
- Monitors supplier financial health.
- Ensures all communication to the supplier iscoordinated and consistent.
- Executes the QLTC (supplier performance measurement)process.
- Prepares for, leads, and follows-up from SAT (“SupplierAccount Team”) meetings.
- Drives supply base rationalization within thecommodity.
- Initiates and drives closure on supplier correctiveaction requests (SCARs) and Non-Conformances.
- Participates in supplier quality audits and drivesclosure of findings.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or relevant field or equivalent experience and a minimum of eleven years of progressive experience in supplier management in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of one or more technology-related supplychains is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record in developing strong businessrelationships with key suppliers and experience in developing andexecuting long term agreements.
- Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving,strategic planning and financial analysis are essential.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills areessential. Negotiation skills are critical.
- Operate effectively with all levels of management bothinternally and externally.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams is essential toperforming the job.
- Must be able to professionally represent ASML tooutside companies.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a bigplus and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highlypreferred.
- Must thrive in an environment where multi-tasking isthe norm.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site at one our San Diego CA, location.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.