You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Business Development Manager
In a nutshell
Boise - ID, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML’s customers are key to the success of ASML in the market. The mission of Business Development Manager is to be a bridge between customer and ASML, align the interests of both sides in terms of technology/product roadmap, support, quality, and commercial agreements. Your effectiveness will impact ASML’s market share and revenue growth. The Business Development Manager defines and executes the strategy to secure a healthy business pipeline for ASML’s Overlay Metrology products.
Supporting the Global Technology Manager, this position (i) develops the engagement, business positioning strategy and manages customer relationship and technical requirements for ASML solutions across multiple Business Lines, (ii) manages activities related to Head-2-Heads, and (iii) ensures lifecycle management and optimization of customer’s installed base for a given node from Development thru Volume Ramp and into HVM.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Own the success of ASML Metrology business at a major U.S.-based IC manufacturer.
- Analyze customer roadmaps/requirements and align ASML-metrology solutions to meet customer needs, with the support of Product Teams and Application team support.
- Develop specific business win strategies, from new product/application introduction to demonstrations/evaluations. Drive for commercial closure of evaluations.
Commercial proposals and negotiations:
- Develop specific commercial strategies, and support in the process of deal content, pricing, terms, and negotiations.
- Secure internal approvals in ASML and alignment within the account team.
Customer relationship development:
- Responsible for understanding customer’s priorities, interests, requirements and concerns.
- Responsible for understanding customer’s organization.
- Develop trusted personal relationships with key persons. Create customer relationship mapping, and provide channels for additional relationship development.
- Create effective channel and amplification for Voice of the Customer.
- Ensure customer priorities and concerns are understood internally and addressed, including technology, quality, support, etc.
- Generate business forecast through analyzing and mapping ASML-Brion product roadmap to customer needs and competitive position. Synchronize with ASML and HMI product roadmaps and opportunities as applicable.
- Execute forecasted business; maintain or exceed committed commercial goals.
- Provide input on headcount/competency of the support & node project teams as applicable.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's/MS in Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of wafer fab experience or capital equipment experience, preferably in lithography or overlay metrology.
- Customer facing experience is a must. Product marketing or business development/sales experience within the overlay metrology arena is a plus.
- Knowledge of semiconductor process, lithography, overlay metrology are highly valued; especially for ASML scanners and/or MPC products.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Strong indirect influence/leadership skills.
- Comfortable to decide and act in an environment of changes and uncertainty.
- Ability to forge agreements amongst parties with differences of perspectives and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability for project management and to deliver per plan.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; demonstrates cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrated creativity in solution development.
- Ability to think strategically and for the long-term.
- Ability to translate technology development cycles into business development programs.
- Ability to structure and lead technology discussions between un-aligned parties.
- Understands the customers business, processes and key issues.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.