You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00229868-579
Optical Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is seeking an Optical Engineer to join the Wilton, CT development location as we break new ground in the emerging field of photolithography. As ASML pushes the boundaries of nano-technology beyond current state of the art, we have developed a need to develop high precision equipment while maintaining a focus on cost effectiveness and reliability. We are looking for someone to help pioneer knowledge in this developing area.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Primary role will be an Optical Design Engineer in the New Product Design & Development Team.
- Develop and support optical/photonic sensor systems used within ASML’s photolithography tools.
- These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical, opto-mechanical, and electro-optical components, fiber optics, electronics and signal processing software functioning as a key sub-system in ASML’s tools.
- Design quality products using six sigma and lean process techniques for robust designs both in atmosphere and vacuum environment.
- Participate in “sustaining engineering” tasks, resolving equipment design issues in a timely fashion as they arise at customer sites.
- Create design documentation and procedures for new product design and operation to be used in a clean Manufacturing Environment.
- Strong skills in proof of concept development and design of experiments for a wide range of project needs.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and to make practical recommendations.
- Using Physics, Mathematics, Electronics, Mechanics, and Software knowledge and an understanding of the sensor systems and the lithography tool to model, design and de-bug new and existing sensors in complex environments.
Education and experience
Bachelor's Degree in Optical Engineering, Physics, Optics or a similar degree with3+ years of experience
Master's degree or a PhD inOptical Engineering, Physics, Optics or a similar degree with 3+ months of experience
The ideal candidate needs to have a deep understanding of physics and optical systems while being able to design and analyze them from scratch.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills and present results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
Optical modeling and data analysis and evaluation:
- Expertise with design, optical tolerancing and modeling with CodeV and/or Zemax.
- Wave propagation and diffraction modeling. Use of FRED for this modeling is a plus.
- Polarization optics and polarization modeling.
- Image processing and pattern recognition.
- Optical and physics Simulation in Matlab and other suitable languages and design tools.
- Data processing and trending with MATLAB.
Hands-on optical alignment, testing and qualification:
- Building and aligning complex sensors using diverse mechanical, collimation and interferometry.
- Test stand design and build: concept, error budget, realization.
- Optical sensors Hardware build and debugging.
- Working knowledge with diverse optical devices and sensors: objectives, collimation and relay optics, fibers, cameras and detectors.
- Matlab for data processing, correlation and trending, and visualization.
The candidate must have the capacity to lead engineers and technicians in executing activities related to complex tests, data gathering, and effectively communicate results to managers and customers.
The candidate must have expertise at troubleshooting complex problems on complex systems, develop and debug algorithms with the ability to use analytical processes (8Ds, fault trees, Ishikawa diagrams, etc.) to develop test plans to determine problem root cause.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Customer-oriented team player willing to work with high-level problem solvers on a daily basis with expertise at troubleshooting complex problems.
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions–strong critical thinking capability.
- Customer-centric personal ethos.
- Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
- High potential to develop into a technical or personal leader in the organization.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- World-class technical problems to solve.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.