You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00230966-806
GSC DUV System Engineer
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Are you a team player who wants to be the linking pin between problems seen at high tech customers and the solution in a multicultural environment? Then join us in our international team of technical experts!
The goal is to remotely solve technical challenges, however due to complexity of our products an ASML Global Support Center (GSC) engineer often gets the opportunity to travel for problem solving at customer sites (up to 10% of your time).
The Global Support Center (GSC) provides 24/7 support by covering 3x8 hours in 3 different continents with offices in the Netherlands, USA and Taiwan.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Support complex multi-disciplinary escalations to optimize progress and to potentially reduce the number of escalation to SE/multiple D&E: identify the links between different modules; assist in brainstorms to look for root causes ‘off the beaten path’.
- Be a 'translator' between different competences to allow for smoother cooperation.
- Reference point for advice. Guide engineers to find the right direction(s) to investigate.
- Assist engineers in case of unclear/vague external escalations to help with issue intake.
Involved with more ‘project’ input. e.g.:
- Proactive approach to system issues. Finding the problem before it creates impact.
- System design input for NPI from service point of view.
- Setting up Global Operations Center way of work.
Education and experience
- BS or Master degree in engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of electronics, mechanics, optics, software, semiconductor processes, and related disciplines.
- Experience in managing escalations and (internal) customer communication.
- Experience within the ASML organization, specifically within Operations and/or D&E.
- Multiple ASML competency disciplines (Dynamics, Imaging, Overlay, Metrology).
- Knowledge of ASML products on a technical level.
- Good knowledge of the "system KPIs“: overlay, focus, imaging productivity and defectivity.
Knowledge of the big 'multi-competence' items (on an abstract level, it is not possible to master everything in detail):
- Metrology (Image quality & alignment/SPM/‘Life of a wafer’).
- Basic knowledge of all other (sub-) competences and how they interact with each other.
- Basic knowledge of the process on the customer side.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Inquisitive, curious, motivated to learn new things.
- Balanced detail-oriented vs bigger-picture mindset.
- Good feeling for orders of magnitude.
- Influence without power.
- Clear technical communication in a customer setting.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.