You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechanical Supplier Quality Engineer Development and Engineering
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Physics, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
Are you the person to reduce supplier manufacturing risk starting in the early project phases of a new product introduction? Do you have an affinity with proto engineering and working in a dynamic multidisciplinary context?
If you have the engineering and challenging capabilities to guide the introduction of cutting edge technology at ASML’s suppliers, we are looking for you!
Role and responsibilities
As a Supplier Quality Engineer in a Mechanical Development department your mission is to reduce risk in design and supplier product manufacturing. We develop modules in the Flow and Temperature domain, where cleanliness and leak tightness in gas and water systems are critical to quality. From early supplier involvement participating in product design, until supplier process is mature enough to be released for volume, your mission is to drive and guide quality performance between the supplier and the Development projects of ASML.
Your main focus areas, when guiding the development of the design between development programs and suppliers, are:
- Performing risk assessment when introducing new parts with technologically challenging requirements to the supplier
- Define risk mitigation plan in alignment with stakeholders, by interpretingsupplier technology and manufacturability capabilities and driving early supplier involvement into the ASML design project
- Execute the risk mitigation plan for example by developing suppliers in new aspects for production (e.g. process- and qualification techniques), meanwhile considering balance between technology requirements, quality and time-to-market.
All activities must be in line with the sector and business line targets
- Early supplier involvement: You participate in development projects in the early design phases to secure the manufacturability of the design and technology availability from suppliers and drive early supplier involvement
- New Product Introduction: Next to executing the risk mitigation plan with the suppliers (e.g. Manufacturing Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, Spec agreement,…) you support them with difficult qualification and manufacturing issues (e.g. yield and quality improvements). Also assuring within ASML a transfer to the volume Quality Supplier Managers department
- Supplier Development: At the supplier you manage and challenge manufacturing processes to be efficient and foolproof by using Six Sigma tools (e.g. MSA, Capability analysis,..). Furthermore, you identify non-conformities on your products through First Article Inspections and drive subsequent improvement plans in cooperation with the supplier.
Education and experience
Bachelor or master degree in mechanics, mechatronics, applied physics or industrial engineering.
- 5-10 years relevant work experience in supplier quality engineering at company(s)
- Experience in High tech, low volume industries and/ or proto manufacturing is a pre
- Able to combine technical knowledge and supplier management
- Lean 6S experience (e.g. DMAIC, SPC, FMEA, 8D), Six Sigma Green- or Black Belt certification desired
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Being able to communicate effectively and decisive throughout different levels within the organization
- Strong negotiation skills for interfacing with internal stakeholders and supply base
- Having a critical and challenging mindset
- Going the extra mile to deliver high quality
- A team player; being pro-active, supporting others in accomplishing goals, sharing knowledge.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Supplier Quality Engineering (SQE), a group within Machine Conditioning (MC)cluster, enables the MC cluster to meet industrialization requirements at suppliers, deliver excellent solutions related to flow and thermal domain towards good product quality.
In today’s complex multi-tier supply chains, this is only possible by creating full transparency in the chains and flexibility at suppliers. The SQE group is involved in over 60 suppliers, on top of that sometimes several tiers deep. For this position international travelling is required, up to 30%.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.