You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00229588-149
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Introduction to the job
Support realization of the ASML product roadmap by expert knowledge on component technology and market development.Ensure availability of the best off-the-shelf component solutions the market has to offer ASML.
Drive Life Cycle Management of ASML products through active project involvement and up-to-date component information.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a component engineer your focus will be on selection, qualification and accurate registration of catalog materials and customized derivatives of these. To ensure smooth and efficient introduction of new materials, early involvement in design activities or issue resolution is key. In your job you will be the linking pin between designers, manufacturers, supply chain engineers and procurement officers providing advice and guard the balance between technology, quality, cost and logistics.
- Build and maintain expertise within WoW for Component Engineering
- Align activities in close collaboration with Component Engineering Team in the Netherlands
- Drive interaction between design projects and Component Engineering team
- Pro-actively participate in Project kickoff for early involvement
- Support designers in making the best component selections, according our QLTC principle and selection guide
- Pre-Selection and align introduction of new components with Component Engineering team in the Netherlands
- Facilitate and monitor development of customized derivatives and bring to PFT (Product Family Team) if required
- Guard the quality of the Component Request on accuracy and completeness
- Lead root cause analysis and improvement actions for component failure issues for your region
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
Education and experience
- Bachelors with 5+ years of hands-on experience or similar level acquired by working experience
- More than 5 years in electronics design
- Knowledge of industry regulations (CE, UL, IEC, RoHs REACH)
- Fluent in English both written and oral communication
- Affinity and at least experience with one of the following:
-Rack and Cabinet Assemblies
-Cables, Cable design and Cable products
-Production equipment and (cleanroom) tooling
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles.Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.
May require travel domestic and international dependent on business needs – up to 10%.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.