You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00230649-665
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Facility management, Real Estate, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Assists in the development and implementation of Environmental Health and Safety programs to address government regulations/standards, fully addressing their implications on the facility. Develops, presents, and ensures the completion of any employee training in Environmental Health and Safety policy and procedures. Researches industry “Best-Practices” to ensure world class leadership in EHS.Performs risk assessments and recommends corrective actions in R&D and Manufacturing environments. Ensures a thorough investigation of incidents. Uses knowledge to develop solutions and engage resources to implement improvements to Environmental Health and Safety issues/challenges.
Role and responsibilities
- Improves EHS workplace performance by promoting an incident-free work place, identifying and mitigating EHS risk and implementing safety and environmental management systems in accordance with regulations, corporate compliance policies and standards.
- Communicates all findings, concerns, and deficiencies to the responsible managers to effect timely and necessary corrections.
- Develops and implements strategic solutions that will support management's efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Performs duties related to the hazard identification and control process, safe work planning, inspection and assessment, incident investigation, hazardous materials/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, training, safe work procedure development, and regulatory compliance recordkeeping and documentation.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs while enhancing quality of services.
- Conducts necessary safety trainings for employees and ensure compliance and understanding.
- Guides and direct departments toward compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations, and corporate compliance polices.
- Facilitates and engage business unit teams and team members to drive projects that will lead to reductions in accidents, energy use, and waste minimization.
- Ensures timely submittal of required state, federal and/or local environmental and safety regulatory reports.
- Participates and lead Safety Committees and team meetings.
- Conducts inspections and audits throughout the entire manufacturing facility to identify existing or potential hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures.
- Assists in incident investigations and problem solving.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of federal, state and local OSHA regulations, safety codes and environmental quality regulations.
- Conducts both safety and environmental audits and inspections.
- Writes and own EHS programs.
- Conducts ergonomics evaluations, prepares associated documentation and provides employee workstation ergonomic recommendations.
- Understands interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results.
- Supports incident management and follow all required protocols
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in environmental, health and safety or related scientific field and a minimum of two (3) years of related experience.
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures used to accomplish the job.
- Knowledge/experience with working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of 29 CFR 1910, Title 8 Cal/Osha General Industry and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is required.
- Knowledge of ISO Standards (ISO 14001) preferred, ISO 45001beneficial but not required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct trainings/presentations to large audiences
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellentcustomer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customerrelationship building.
- Abilityto use internal Web pages,MS Word,Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Indepth knowledge of EHS regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Usesstrong project management skills in facilitating projects/activities.
- Abilityto effectively work with safety databases and perform data entry.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.