You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Facilities Design & Project Manager
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Facility management, Mechanical engineering, Real Estate
Introduction to the job
We are currently seeking a Project Manager - Facilities Design to join our Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Facilities team in San Diego. This position entails the management of interior and exterior construction renovations within an industrial operation.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall administration, leadership, technical direction of assigned projects. Projects range in size from small production assembly and office reconfigurations to new building additions. Working with internal stakeholders, the PM will assess each project’s needs and be responsible for overall project planning, budget estimating, scheduling, project accounting and control, and provide technical direction while ensuring a safe worksite and compliance with quality standards for San Diego and west coast locations.
Role and responsibilities
- Manages the facilities project activities within aFacilities program. This includes but is not limited to creating andtracking and maintain schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets,resource plans, and general and detailed planning and constructioncoordination activities for Facility Project deliverables.
- Assess risk and mitigation strategies, highlight issuesand manage solutions. Must be proficient at executive communications andpresent multiple PowerPoint briefs to leadership weekly.
- Manages all phases of projects, including projectset-up, design and construction administration contracts from inceptionthrough project completion. Manage and coordinate projects with allinvolved parties, including stakeholders, architects, engineers,subcontractors and tenants.
- Tracks financial performance of projects includingfunding requests, Negotiates Consulting and Construction Services Contracts,bidding, award process, creates purchase requisitions, approved invoicing,performs quality assurance.
- Ensures excellent cross-functional communication(through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure facilitiesproject plan is communicated and followed within the program’s engineeringteam.
- Ensures successful completion of Facility Projects byensuring required inspections, commissioning and handoff to FacilitiesMaintenance end user(s).
- Ensures site compliance regarding safety and environmentalrequirements.
- Manages the effective usage of the design reviewprocess within the program’s engineering team and facilitate necessaryapprovals. Responsible for facility project documentation from planningthrough project closeout. Familiarity with requirements of drawings andspecifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts,Subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
- Monitors contractor performance; insure adherence toterms and conditions of agreements.
- Leads facilities and cross-functional team membersconsisting of individual contributors and managers to create and executeproduct development schedules in compliance with corporate roadmaps,business and facility planning guidelines, and program manager/executiveguidance on projects.
- Ensures a constant high level of facility operations inline with existing policies and guidelines. You will further contribute todevelop policies and guidelines as ASML evolves.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineeringfield (EE, ME preferred) or related technical degree or ConstructionManager and a minimum of eight years of relevant project managementexperience in industrial/manufacturing construction and renovations asindividual contributor followed by a minimum of three years projectmanagement experience leading complex technical projects/activities.
- Strong technical knowledge desired in general HVAC,clean room filtration, boilers, water purification, wastewater collectionand treatment, central plant utilities exhaust ventilation, air treatmentsystems, high-purity gas distribution, gas detection, safety alarmsystems, electrical distribution and clean room operations, buildingcodes, fire/life safety regulations and OSHA requirements desired.
- Proficient in the construction process, safetyprocedures, construction materials and methods.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of programs (MS Word,Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to access and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- Ability to lead and manage consulting engineering teams to successfully meet project objectives.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.