You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior HR Data Scientist
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
ASML is the only company in the world offering extreme ultraviolet lithography machines. These machines are indispensable to producing faster, cheaper and more energy-efficient microchips. In a 2021 New York Times article the ASML machines were labeled “the most complicated machines humans have built”. Since the ASML machines are an important cornerstone in global mega trends like robotics, big data, AI and IoT, the company is expected to continue its growth in the upcoming years to an annual turnover of 28-35 USD Billion by 2025. In this vibrant and exciting environment it is HR’s task to define and execute the companies’ people agenda. Increasingly HR is relying on data driven insights to fulfill this task.
Within ASML, People Analytics resources collaborate in the People Analytics community. The People Analytics community is headed by the Product Owner People Analytics and brings ~15 People Analytics professionals together.
The community consists of three expertise chapters:  Data Science, BI and Employee Research,  Workday, Advanced Operational Reporting and Integrations,  Analytics Translation. The members of the chapters collaborate in varying compositions on a range of HR topics (value streams) like Engagement, Retention, Diversity & Inclusion and Well-being.
Role and responsibilities
As Senior Data Scientist you will have a prominent role in the People Analytics community. You will be the subject matter expert for ASML on HR data science. You will collaborate with the Product Owner and Analytics Translators to determine the most fitting methods and deliverables for analytical questions, thereby turning data into value. Moreover, you act as a mentor and coach and grow junior team members.
Naturally, as senior data scientist your main focus will be on Data Science. Since the last mile, from data to value, is extremely important for ASML, data visualization, insight interpretation, storytelling and coaching skills are equally important in this job.
In this role you will be working on an operational, strategic and technical level.
- Identify relevant data sets and flag opportunities to create “new” data and/or improve data capturing.
- If the data have not been ingested into SAP HANA Cloud yet, collaborate with stakeholders to extract data from operational applications.
- Link, structure, manipulate internal and external, structured and unstructured data.
- Determine which data science methods match best with the relevant analytical questions.
- Execute the envisioned analytics/data science, using Python and R, thereby creating actionable diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive insights.
- Continuously identify external innovative and good data science practices and bring them into ASML.
- In collaboration with BI Developers, embed algorithms in the big data platform and turn the insights which have been generated into comprehensible visualizations (Spotfire).
- Liaise with Analytics Translators to iterate, interpret and educate about insights, as well as to create compelling stories in PowerPoint, using the Pyramid Principle and Storyboarding techniques.
- Contribute to the education of HR professionals in understanding the potential applications of advanced analytics/data science and the value it can generate.
- Act as mentor/coach to junior data scientists.
- Contribute to bring the department to the next level
Education and experience
- Master degree or higher.
- 5-8 years of working experience in the field of HR data science.
- Successfully worked in an international, entrepreneurial, matrix organization
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Knowledge of various diagnostic and predictive modeling algorithms, as well as excellent command of programming languages like R and/or Python.
- Hands-on experience with configuring dashboards in visualization tooling, ideally Spotfire.
- Hands-on experience with big data platforms, ideally SAP Hana Cloud.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Self-starter and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in plain, simple language.
- Fluent in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and motivation letter to let us know why you have interest in People Analytics/Data Science in HR.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.