You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
26 days ago - J-00231870-531
Mechanical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the jobAre you eager to get mechanical issues solved? Are you dreaming to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job as designer in Mechanical Development at ASML could be the perfect match.
Role and responsibilities
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group Source Vessel & Collector is responsible for engineering of Vacuum Vessel- and support frame constructions, position and service mechanisms, tools, Collector mechanics, Source to Scanner connection modules and system to fab interfaces.
Position in the Organization
The designer reports to the team leader of the group Source Vessel & Collector and is operational within projects, working closely together with a Lead Engineer.
- As a Designer you are responsible for the development and application of mechanical designs to meet specifications.
- Based upon specification create concepts, designs, drawings including realization and qualification of your design.
- Uses state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective.
- Drive the quality of the design by well-balanced concept and design decisions and defining tests including test equipment.
- Ensures that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Delivers the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
Education and experience
- Technical University masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a development and engineering organization. Preference with design experience of supporting structures and service mechanisms.
- Preferably ASML design experience.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness.
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
• Critical on results and quality
• Creative thinking capability
• Good communication skills
• Good knowledge of English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.