You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Design Engineer Stage Position Measurement - Model
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Sub-nanometer accurate pose determination of the stages and other modules in our ASML machines is enabled by our advanced Stage Position Measurement (SPM) Systems. We are looking for a designer to contribute to our Model Design Team.
The EUV Stage Position Measurementgroup within the SPM Department contributes to NPI projects (new product introduction) and Installed Base Products & Services (IBPS) in the EUV Volume Products and EUV Advanced Products business lines.
We develop mathematical models that relate measurement signals to stage 6-DOF pose. The models should be such that real-time solvers and real-time processing can accurately calculate the stage poseand that the parameter set in this calculation is defined such that it can be calibrated.
We look for a design engineer who can contribute to this activity.
Role and responsibilities
You are design engineer in our Model team (real time pose calculation and calibration).
As a designer you are responsible for:
• Designing models and their operating functionality.
• Interfacing with hardware designers to understand the measurement concepts
• Functionally testing these designs
• Interfacing to software designers to get these designs implemented
• Interfacing with metrology designers to calibrate the models
• Qualifying the designs during integration
• Sustaining the designs when implemented
Depending on your background, we will seek the best match in one of our teams.
Education and experience
University, Master level in one of the Engineering studies Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, SW Engineering..
- 3-7 years work experience.
The application requires basic knowledge of:
• Understanding of interferometry, or similar measurement concepts
• Knowledge in one or more areas of mechatronics, opto-mechanics, applied physics or mathematics
• Understanding of a product generation process within a development organization such as ASML
In this vacancy we look for an engineer that has experience in the following SW domains, so that he/she can easily interact with SW teams to help them realize our designs:
• Object oriented MATLAB, C++, Python
• Simulink state flow diagrams and real time implementation
• Working with abstraction layers HW/SW
• Design for test
• Working with Repositories
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Team player, responsible, reliable, committed
• Inquisitive, accurate, self-propelling
• Creative, pragmatic attitude
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
This position is in the EUV Stage Position Measurement group (SPM); a group of functional architects, functional designers and integrators who define and engineer interferometry-based position measurement systems (interferometers, encoders) in all ASML products. Due to its function in our machines, it offers the opportunity to either work on a very detailed level or focus on the multidisciplinary interfacing of the measurement system towards its environment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.