You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Design Engineering Quality Manager
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Our mission is to support and strengthen technology development by ensuring and improving product quality, reducing risks, and speed up time to market with a predictable outcome, while keeping focus on the customer needs. With a continuous growing demand for faster delivery of latest technology, good quality and reliability becomes more and more challenging. This means that our processes must become more effective and efficient. We do this by monitoring and driving success pro-actively ensuring product quality, securing process adherence and implement lessons learned and continuously improve our way of working.
Are you eager to apply your management skills in a challenging high tech development environment? When you are challenged by improving customer satisfaction, reduce waste and speed up time to market then this job position could be your stepping stone to further develop yourself in an interesting ASML career.
As a quality manager you take responsibility for the definition and alignment of the department’s quality vision and strategy. Transform the department into a fast learning development organization, being particular responsive to customer needs, committing to relentless improvement and promoting a culture of innovation to speed up the time to market.
Role and responsibilities
· Defines and aligns the department’s quality vision and strategy as member of the department management staff.
· As process owner in the department, enables the staff to execute their accountability in quality control by maintaining and deploying department’s processes, like FMEA, Design Reviews, and follow-up on recommendations of Technical Competences.
· Providing regular reporting on process adherence and quality status of product and project, to Department Manager, Function Owners, Group Leaders and Project Leaders.
· Improve responsiveness to customer interest of the department by closing the customer-feedback loops to the development teams SAFe (ART), RTE and CPO.
· Defines, Executes and reports on process improvement projects (i.e.: Continuous Integration) as part of the quality strategy at department level.
· Leads/participates in project teams in analyzing process gaps, identifies improvements, supports implementation and secures consolidation within the department. Makes the improvement proposal measurable. Process improvement proposals are based on analyses of measured data, and are fact based.
· Provides input from department into cluster and sector Quality roadmap and vice versa.
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Applied Physics / Mathematics / Electrical / Computer Science / Software Engineering or (technical) Quality management.
· Proven track record in removing waste from development processes and improving end to end quality in development.
· More than 8 years of work experience in technically-driven international organization(s), preferably within a development environment.
· Experience as project manager, technical (line) manager or quality manager.
· Experienced in quality methods and tools like e.g., 6 Sigma Black belt, value stream analysis, 5x Why’s analysis, problem solving techniques, FMEA’s.
· Knowledgeable in international quality standards. (ISO9001/14001/ TS16949), process assessments and audits.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
· Ability to manage complex relationships between various professional disciplines and organizational levels.
· Excellent stakeholder management and team leader skills, able to collaborate across all levels of the organization with an open attitude.
· Excellent ability to manage change with the ability to overcome resistance and persist in achieving mission.
· Strong communication skills, good listener, with the ability to present information verbally and in written format.
· Self-propelling, learning and improvement mindset.
· Hands-on mentality to get the job done.
· Drive for continuous improvement; making use of the lessons learned.
· Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
· Good knowledge of English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.