You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00232221-683
Optical Sensing Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Sub-nanometer accurate motion of the stages and other modules in our ASML machines is enabled by our advanced Stage Position Measurement (SPM) Systems. We are looking for a Optical Sensing Engineer to contribute to one of our partner FC’s.
The EUV Stage Position Measurement group within the SPM Department within Bottom (BM) Cluster contributes to NPI projects (new product introduction) and Installed Base Products & Services (IBPS) in the EUV Volume Products and EUV Advanced Products business lines.
For the newly developed systems we are responsible for the specification, design, integration and qualification of our position measurement systems. These developments are done in close cooperation with Software, Electrical and Mechanical engineering groups, and specialized suppliers outside of ASML.
For the installed base systems in our factory and at our customers we are responsible for the resolution of structural issues (e.g. performance, reliability) and the delivery of design solutions for further improvement. Our team is also handling complex customer issues transferred from customer support to development.
We look for a design engineer who can contribute to this activity.
Role and responsibilities
You are designer in one of three Agile teams in our group: model team (real time pose calculation and calibration), NXE SPM team, NXE Projection Mirror Measurement team.
As a designer in the model team you are responsible for:
• Designing mathematical models and their operating functionality.
• Interfacing with hardware designers to understand the measurement concepts
• Functionally testing these designs in a Matlab simulation environment
• Interfacing to software designers to get these designs implemented
• Interfacing with metrology designers to calibrate the models
• Qualifying the designs during integration
• Sustaining the designs when implemented
Depending on your background, we will seek the best match in one of our teams.
Education and experience
University, Master level in one of the Engineering studies.
• For the development of the models both a physical understanding of sensors and the ability to visualize objects moving in space with respect to each other is key.
• Furthermore, mathematical knowledge about linear algebra is important. For the implementation software skills are important.
• Expert user of Matlab/Python, object oriented
• Understanding of required SW aspects to implement designs
As a designer in the other teams, similar responsibilities exist, covering also mechatronics and opto-mechanics aspects, interfacing with Mechanical, Electrical, Software engineers and our suppliers.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Team player, responsible, reliable, committed
• Inquisitive, accurate, self-propelling
• Creative, pragmatic attitude
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.