You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Customer Support Engineer - Entry Level
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Austin - TX, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
In every market where ASML conducts business, the Customer Support Team makes the most complex machines work consistently and predictably for our customers every day. As the face of ASML to the customer and the voice of the customer to the rest of the company, Customer Support is the first line of help when something breaks - we are always there, on-call, day or night, delivering solutions in time critical situations. By participating in our extensive development program you will connect with a talented group of cohorts who will experience the journey with you. By the end of the program, you’ll be prepared to diagnose and solve complex problems on our machines and embark on an exciting career at ASML.
As ASML continues to grow, we recognize that acquiring and developing talent for the future is critical for our success. The Engineering Development Program (EDP) in an investment in our employees and is designed to accelerate the development of early career engineers at ASML. This structured program is 2-3 years in length and is focused on the development of both technical skills and personal leadership. The program starts with an intensive in-person kick-off event, opportunities to meet & engage with ASML leadership, learn the business, and ultimately sets the foundation for a career at ASML.
The Customer Support (CS) organization is responsible for the installations, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customer within the specific region.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Install equipment at customer’s locations, including equipment with new features, unload components, inspect for damage, assemble, align and test.
- Analyze applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs.
- Expediently escalate issues to supporting resources when necessary.
- Work with co-workers, customer & field support in isolating and solving problems.
- Maintain and optimize equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and prevent problems.
- Train customers in use and routine maintenance of equipment.
- Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner.
- Act as a resource for users on routine malfunctions.
- Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and may recommend changes in user procedures.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem reports, and monthly reports. Prepare written technical reports on an independent basis.
- Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML personnel as necessary.
- The work requires to work night and weekends.
- Typically will work 12 hour shifts.
Education and experience
- Position requires a BS degree in an Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, and semiconductor processes, and relevant software.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including data analysis tools, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Ability to train and mentor Engineers and customer employees.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Customer site requires ASML employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, barring an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Position will require travel anywhere from 30% to 80% depending on department hired into.
- Position will require access to customer site locations.
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- This position is a safety-sensitive position requiring the ability to operate heavy/complex machinery and work in a safe and alert manner.
- Work is conducted at a customer site and requires familiarization with customer rules and policies regarding worksite behavior and safety.
- Expect to spend more than 50% of the time inside the clean room working with electromechanical equipment.
- Position works under the direction of a Manager, Supervisor, or Sr. Engineer.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position could have up to a one year assignment in Korea to learn the technical, operational, and cultural differences of the Samsung customer and local ASML organization. Upon completion, the team will locate in Texas to support Samsung at their new site.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability