You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00232375-533
Supplier Quality Engineer Electronics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML supports the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce. ASML creates the systems that the lithography industry needs to achieve its goals. This can only be accomplished with a strong support of our suppliers.
We are looking for a Supplier Engineer that takes a pivotal role as a linking pin between the ASML D&E development team and the related development team of the supplier, with a primary focus on parts quality.
Role and responsibilities
As a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) in the Electronics Department you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment. The SQE maintains and develops at an operational level the relation to the supplier with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between supplier and ASML. Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the supplier & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers.
Within the D&E project the SQE is the primary responsible to ensure parts quality from our suppliers. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking, political antenna and excellent people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build up an intimate knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities.
The main responsibilities are:
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Ensure that not only parts quality, but also manufacturability, testability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase.
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & ASML responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier selection.
- Deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers in the ASML product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the design and/or specification
- Complete & detailed parts qualification process
- Acceptance of qualified parts
- Process flow and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis
- First article inspection
- Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as:
- Issue resolution
- Qualification deviation
- Configuration management
- ASML factory disturbances
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits. The SQE is part of the D&E project team and, therefore, interfaces with project leaders, design engineers, architects, manufacturing & customer support engineers, logistics, procurement, etc.
Education and experience
- BSc or MSc in Electronics
- Broad (at least 3-5 years) experience in high tech environment with a focus on supplier management or part quality or project management in engineering. Candidate must be trained and experienced with Quality systems and –methods (preferably Six Sigma Green or Black belt), as well as Engineering towards production processes for electronics (e.g. IPC600, IPC610, IPC620).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
The following personal skills are crucial to a successful execution:
- Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority
- Strong networker with good negotiating and team building skills
- Strong communicator
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive
- Flexible, result driven and committed
- Team player
- Process oriented
- Fluent in English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The holder of this position reports to the Group leader of the Supply Chain Electronics group with in the Electronics Hardware cluster. Interfaces with Suppliers, Project leads Development, Customer Support, Manufacturing, Engineers and Procurement. Frequent travelling to (global) suppliers is required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying to this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.