You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00231524-894
Architect Electrostatic Clamps Metrology
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
Are you energized by being the technical motor for the development of our electrostatic clamps for metrology tools?
Are you able to play with the different disciplines that come together in these products and enjoying challenging and complex technical puzzles? If so, then we can offer you an attractive position as Electrostatics clamps architect. As our electrostatic clamps actually hold our customers product, the wafer, you can truly make the difference! It is a great opportunity for your professional and personal growth.
Role and responsibilities
As an ASML Electrostatic clamps architect you drive the development of electrostatic clamps that are used in the wafer stage of ASML eScan metrology tools. You will be a key player in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment. Primarily you will be involved in the specification, design and realization of next generation alternative electrostatic clamp. In this process you will be involved in starting and conducting feasibility studies, followed by specification and design and ending with realization and integration. During all these steps you will be cooperating with multiple disciplines and suppliers. You will discuss design aspects, analyze system problems, and support and plan issue resolution with peers. You will be able to present your findings and results to management. Finally you get the chance and you are encouraged to integrate with the dynamic and diverse ASML community.
The main responsibilities of an Electrostatics clamps architect consist of:
- Requirements engineering: translate system requirements into clamp requirements
- Generate and verify solutions: generate and define solutions that realize the specified requirements on both performance and industrialization aspects. You drive verification of the proposed solutions by testing and modelling.
- Contribution to the clamps roadmap: you generate solutions that increase customer value.
Interfacing with other projects and suppliers: you guard the technical interfaces between the clamps and interfaces like wafer stage and EFEM. You closely interact with clamp manufacturers.
- Communication and stakeholder management: you present technical progress in a clear way to team and stakeholders. You drive consensus for technical decisions.
- Risk management: You take care of pro-active risk management. You focus on mitigation of the most important risks and escalate to management when needed.
- Issue solving: assist in analyzing and solving complex clamp related issues in eScan metrology tools and at our suppliers in a structured way
Education and experience
- Masters degree, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or Electronics.
- 5+ year experience in an industrial environment with high tech products and complex production processes in multi-disciplinary projects. Experience within ASML is preferred for this position.
- 3+ year experience as technical architect, system designer or similar function.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Self-propelling: act pro-actively, take initiative and always act to the greater good of the product such that they serve our customer needs.
- Excellent (English) communication skills in speech and writing for technical and managerial interaction
- Solid technical background on multiple technical disciplines and excellent analytical skills
- Strong social and communication skills to build lasting relations and lead technical teams
- Drive for quality
- Balancing all the requirements, including industrialization, in the design and consider time and development costs to achieve these, as your second nature.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Mechatronics MBI group is part of the Application Mechatronics department within Bottom (BM) Cluster, and is responsible to develop and deliver qualified electrostatic clamps which clamp the wafer onto the wafer stage of eScan metrology tools. Wafer clamps are crucial to make eScan metrology happen against the ever demanding specs on defect inspection and throughput while ensuring high availability. The holder of this position reports to the Group lead Mechatronic MBI.
We offer you a position in a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology. They push capabilities of our technology to the level that are even considered to be impossible by external experts. They also have a huge drive to truly understand what’s physically happening on the nanometer scale that we are examining. Though they stay pragmatic as our customers need real solutions. Not just theories. Do you see yourself in this picture?
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.