You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Manufacturing Test Technician - 1st Shift (Guaranteed $2k Sign-On Bonus)
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Test Technician to join our CLS Ops Manufacturing Chambers Test team in San Diego. This role will perform sub-system assembly, optical alignment, functional test, equipment calibration, station setup and process development support. Assists in recommending changes in design, methods, and procedures to enhance product quality.
The hours for this role are Thursday - Saturday and every other Wednesday, 3am - 3pm.
Role and responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Assists in performing a variety of moderately complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA).
- May utilize functional area databases to run reports and analyze/trend data;Assists in making recommendations to management in order to meet production needs.
- May interface with engineers to support special tests and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical to product quality or operations.
- May use specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot and alignment instruments.
- Troubleshoots failures with pressurized Gas, and Water sytems with Helium.
- Reads and understands business documents such as Bill of Materials, routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Installs electrical connectors to modules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years related work experience.
- Associate’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.
- Experience in using all electronic/pneumatic tools preferred.
- Experience with Automated Testing Equipment, LabVIEW preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to use electric/pneumatic tools.
- Must be able to follow written assembly procedures and bill of materials (BOM).
- Experience with electro-optical and/or opto-mechanical systems as well as environmental testing is desired.
- Ability to perform in-process quality inspections of components and/or full assemblies within the Manufacturing area(s).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires general computer skills and knowledge.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level in a cleanroom environment.
- Must wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for duration of shift in a cleanroom environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.