You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req37423
Writer and Editor
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is a leader in the semiconductor industry. Simply put: we make machines that make chips. Our technology is complex and unique. Our thousands of engineers push technology further every day. People love working here − not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard. And we have a million stories to tell. Will you take up the challenge and help us unlock the many stories of ASML? We currently have multiple opportunities for writing and editing within ASML!
Roles and responsibilities
For several teams within the Global Communications department at our headquarters in Veldhoven, we are looking for four writers and editors to strengthen our storytelling capabilities:
- Technology writer and editor (content team)
As a technology writer and editor, your role is all about turning storytelling ideas into engaging, clear texts as a basis for impactful content, ranging from news and social media items to press releases, presentations, infographics, video scripts and company messaging. Most of that content focusses on the technology of ASML. You will be working together with visual content designers and other writers/editors to develop, write and edit content to support ASML’s needs.
- Writer and editor – digital first (content team)
In this role you conceptualize, write, edit, and publish corporate content for a variety of digital platforms and formats, including asml.com, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs, video scripts and voiceovers. You use your SEO expertise and digital content skills to create content.You are an ambassador for – and an expert on – the ASML editorial style guide and brand. You coordinate the Stories section of the website. You also analyze the performance of these stories and investigate optimization opportunities. In addition, you also work on other offline corporate projects and assignments. In addition, you work on other offline corporate projects and assignments.
- Writer and editor (corporate internal communications)
ASML’s corporate internal communications team focuses on company-wide strategic messaging and storytelling for an internal audience. One of your main projects will be ASML’s internal global news channel and our weekly global newsletter, a publication that reaches all ASML employees worldwide. You lead the activities of the global news editorial team. You will also be working on other corporate projects such as global internal presentations and major corporate events, helping to develop clear messaging and content. As required, offer hands-on support, to write, create and edit internal content.
- Writer and editor (employer brand)
In this role you focus on content creation to support our outreach to talent and to position ASML as an employer of choice. You develop compelling content for asml.com/careers and other global careers channels like LinkedIn, Glassdoor and StackOverflow. You work with specific sectors within ASML to help them attract the talent they need. In addition, you support our recruitment campaigns and help us to improve the candidates’journey. You work closely with our social media manager to develop a content plan and messaging for the employer brand. Our employer value proposition and the ASML brand are leading in your work.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications, or a science or engineering degree with relevant post-graduate training.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, strong preference for native English.
- At least five years of relevant experience in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Experience in working in an international, highly technical environment.
- Experience in editorial process management and execution, from target setting to content creation, publication and measuring results.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to understand the business environment and translate complex (technical) content into meaningful and engaging language
- Ability to manage internal and external resources and implement multiple projects across geographical and business/product areas
- A can-do mentality − takes ownership
- Resilient, proactive, driven
- Collaborative team player
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You will be part of a large, global communications team with a variety of backgrounds and nationalities, which offers inspiration and opportunities to learn and to develop yourself. Communications at ASML covers corporate communications, internal communications, branding, recruitment marketing, community engagement, digital communications and content. Our communications teams are in the Netherlands, the US, South Korea, China and Taiwan.
These are fulltime positions (40 hours per week). Please apply with your CV and cover letter detailing your interest and specify which position(s) in particular you are interested in. Please also share examples of your work, such as published stories and online content. We will review your application and reach out to you as soon as possible!
- A unique and challenging job within a growing global team
- A work environment with an open culture and focus on results
- Many opportunities for career growth
- Courses and continuous training to develop your skills
- For more information feel free to take a look at our labor conditions and development opportunities.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.