You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
29 days ago - J-00232277-509
SAP Security Specialist
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The mission of the Security department is to enable ASML to control the production of information and assets of our company, our customers and suppliers by applying risk-based efficient measures for people, process and technology, supporting the business goals. We strive to be a critical support function to our stakeholders, providing risk-based programs, services and systems to protect our employees, knowledge, assets and reputation.
Recognizing the concerns of our customers and partners the critical role of security plays across today's interconnected digital ecosystems, the ASML Security team is committed to the deployment of comprehensive security plans that ensure the safety of our knowledge, products, business and personal data.
ASML can achieve its business goals by having security embedded within the DNA of our people, its processes and technologies.
Role and responsibilities
As an SAP security specialist, you are part of the Application Security team within the Technology Security Competence Center (TSCC) which is part of the Risk & Business Assurance (R&BA) department of ASML Corporate.
You will be responsible for conducting detailed and in-depth security assessments mainly on new and existing applications and IT services within ASML, assist and advice projects on security related questions and help drive the security improvements for ASML.
SAP technology plays a key role in the security assessments. Experience with security on a wide range of SAP applications is a must in this role.
As an Application security specialist you will be responsible for:
- Assessing applications and systems to be implemented or actual implementations based on assessments of high and low level designs, interviews and/or testing
- Assessing existing or new IT services (on premise or cloud) on technical vulnerabilities and weaknesses based on ASML process and tooling
- Translating assessment results into an information security specification
- Communicate observations to the relevant stakeholders, advise on mitigation and follow up on actions
- Assuring and monitoring the effectiveness of our application security controls, and updating/maintaining security baselines and standards
- Adding information to security finding register, which contains all security assessment findings and risks which is used to follow up on security assessment findings
- Assess IT security exception requests on validity and provide advice to the team lead application security and business stakeholder for acceptance or rejection including advice on additional security controls
Education and experience
- Valid industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CCSP and/or CISA are a plus
- Security/Technical/IT/informatics background bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- Min 6+ years professional experience with a focus on IT applications/information security, risk and compliance
- Experience in executing Threat and Vulnerability Analysis or IT Security risk assessments on IT services and applications
- Experience with a wide range of SAP applications
- Deep Knowledge of current security technologies
- In-depth working knowledge of IT Risk/security frameworks and best practices, such as: NIST Cyber security framework, ISF Standard of Good Practice for Information Security, NIST SP 800 30 framework, ISO 27001/2 framework
- IT audit experience is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Able to operate independently/with minimal supervision, self-starter and comfortable in starting up several projects at the same time, but also taking responsibility for finishing tasks
- Analytical, precise, tenacious, autonomous
- Ability to overcome organizational resistance, as well as the ability to interact with all levels including users, engineers, and (senior) executives
- Able to manage large amounts of new information quickly; grasp the deep technical characteristics of new environments; draft clear and concise visualizations of complex processes and environments
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.