You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00232932-333
Dynamics / Mechatronics Design Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is seeking a Mechatronics and Dynamics Design Engineer to join the Wilton, CT development location as we break new ground in the emerging field photolithography. As ASML pushes the boundaries of nano-technology beyond current state of the art, we have developed a need to develop high precision equipment while maintaining a focus on cost effectiveness and reliability. We are looking for someone to help pioneer knowledge in this developing area.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Primary role will be a Mechatronics Engineer in the New Product Design & Development Team.
- Responsible for design and development of custom mechatronics systems, including translating stages, linear motors, sensors, servos, actuators, etc.
- Design quality products using six sigma and lean process techniques for robust designs.
- Experience with understanding and troubleshooting legacy designs to determine potential new risks, failure modes, and corrective actions for new products.
- Participate in “sustaining engineering” tasks, resolving equipment design issues in a timely fashion as they arise at customer sites.
- Integration of control systems for industrial robotics into capital equipment, developing with the cross sector team all related aspects such as dynamics, end effector design, controls, etc.
- Basic experience with mechatronics behavior predictive modeling and methods, including “first principle” engineering equations and other techniques.
- Take direction from ASML System Architects and Senior Engineering mentors who are leading the development effort of critical large capital equipment.
- Create documentation for new product design and operation to be used in a clean Manufacturing Environment.
- Work with external suppliers to define and develop certain aspects of new product design while collaborating with internal cross discipline teams.
Education and experience
- Master's degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, or ElectricalEngineering or similar degree with 5 + years of work experience. Or a PhD Degree with 2+ years of work experience is preferred.
- The ideal candidate needs to have a deep understanding of mechatronics, classical and advanced control theory systems, servo tuning, structural dynamics, mechanical design and vibrational analysis into end product.
- Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics, aerospace or other fields.
- Strong skills in proof of concept development and design of experiments for a wide range of project needs including background in dynamics testing and analysis.
- Ability to run complex mechatronic systems for test and qualification of design changes.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and to make practical recommendations.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as imaging / optical systems, semiconductor, or lithography preferred but not required.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills, including the ability to present results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
- Customer oriented team player willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in mechatronics engineering, and analysis, as well as in developing precision systems that can perform reliably at customer sites.
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
- Customer-centric personal ethos.
- Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
- High potential to develop into a technical or personal leader in the organization.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.