You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Sourcing Lead - Electronics
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
The Senior Sourcing Lead has responsibility for the overall relationship between ASML and a set of our key suppliers. Current suppliers will be managed for performance, while potential new suppliers will be uncovered and readied for future business as needed. This position requires a combination of skills in strategic thinking, leadership, initiative, professional communication, financial/business analysis, and is greatly aided by a background in engineering or technology.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
This is an outstanding opportunity in our Wilton, CT facility to join our Procurement team. In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity (supply base) to ensure ASML is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers. You will be expected to continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
The key duties involved in this position include:
• Monitors developments and trends within the supply base and ensures ASML is prepared to react appropriately
• Drives supplier selection activities by leading one or more Sourcing Teams
• Negotiates Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSA), NPI Agreements, and associated addenda
• Monitors contractual compliance of the supplier as well as ASML
• Drives continuous cost and lead time reduction
• Prepares supplier spending forecasts
• Monitors supplier financial health
• Ensures all communication to the supplier is coordinated and consistent
• Executes the QLTC (supplier performance measurement) process
• Prepares for, leads, and follows-up from SAT (“Supplier Account Team”) meetings
• Drives supply base rationalization within the commodity
• Initiates and drives closure on supplier corrective action requests (SCARs) and Non-Conformances
• Participates in supplier quality audits and drives closure of findings
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Engineering is required. An MBA is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of progressive experience in supplier management preferably in a large, high-tech, international manufacturing environment.
- A deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred.
- Due to the strategic nature of the commodities involved, a proven track record in developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements is required.
- Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis are essential.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.