You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00233041-471
Senior Electrical Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
This Sr. Electrical Engineer provides expertise to deliver electronic and electrical designs for the research and development group. Conceptional design through detail design, prototypes, initial integration through qualification. This is a hands on position that will collaborate with a multidiscipline project team on the electrical infrastructure, perform engineering analysis, generate detail electronic designs, build prototypes, create engineering drawings/documents and partner with suppliers.The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals, this a hands on position that requires building and testing Hardware and Software.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Develops functional strategic plans for electrical development of key subsystems.
- Demonstrates leadership in meeting cost, schedule, resource, and functional program objectives.
- Builds and maintains a high skill level in electrical engineering of ASML products.
- Proposes and leads technology development activities that minimize development time and risk in product developments.
- Effectively utilizes outsourced design.
- Develops and enforces department engineering practices and design rules, consistent with corporate objectives.
- Communicates status and progress according to established processes (IDRs, BOW, WSR, Quarterly Reviews, PDP Reviews, etc.)
- Allocates resources on a quarterly basis and responds to resource requirements on short notice.
- Interacts with Engineering Support services to optimize allocation of resources to perform electrical design work or coding.
- Develops departmental capabilities through the definition and execution of training plans for direct reports.
- Identifies and procures improved design and analysis tools and services.
- Manages the process for engineering-build light source subsystems, experimental designs for technology development projects, and prototype modules for pre-release design verification testing.
- May provide advanced management direction on a complex technical subject matter area (as with a cross-program, cross-department, or system-level performance issues).
- Acts as a representative in cross-functional meetings to maintain coordination between the Electrical and Controls Engineering and other functional organizations (Manufacturing, Test, and Procurement) in handoff of product from engineering to production.
- Interprets, implements, and monitors modifications to department methods, processes, and policies that affect multiple work groups.
- Responsible for ASML San Diego’s electrical engineering strategy that includes the technology, people, and processes for successful implementation.
- May provide advanced management direction to a complex technical subject matter area; typically manages large scope programs of moderate complexity.
- Directly responsible for the successful implementation of the controller and platform electrical functional aspects of all new product development of ASML San Diego products.
- Directly responsible for controller and platform electrical functional sustaining of ASML San Diego products.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and experience
- Bachelors Degree Engineering with a major in Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 to 7 years of Electrical Engineering for Electronic Development.
- MS a plus.
- Specify & design all aspects of electronic development:
- Analog, Digital and Programmable Logic Circuit Design.
- Schematic Capture.
- AC and DC Power Distribution systems.
- Interconnect Cables and Harnessing.
- Electronic Racks, Cabinets, Boxes and Control Consoles.
- Printed Circuit Boards – PCB signal and power integrity.
- Test & Troubleshoot electronic systems to Component level.
- Testing Validation and Verification (V&V) of requirements.
- Write technical documents, Specifications, Designs, Test Procedures, Test Reports.
- Software/Tool Skills:
- Electronic Design Automation – Mentor Graphics xDX/xPCB Designer, PSpice, OrCAD, PADs or similar.
- Microcontrollers and Arduino systems
- Scripting language such as Python
- Siemens or NI controls
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.