You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00232988-492
Business Engineer Green Belt/Black Belt
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Mathematics, Other technical job categories, Data science
Introduction to the job
ASML Customer Support is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations.
CS4CS (Central Services) – Supports, enables and improves the activities of CS worldwide. The Operational Excellence & Quality department within CS4CS focuses on creating lasting improvements in the areas of efficiency, effectivity and quality.
Role and responsibilities
The mission of the CI Business Engineer Green Belt/Black Belt is to help our internal customers make data-driven decisions and thereby improve their own effectivity. In our team, we work on two pillars:
- Support help requests from the CS business;
- Improve CS process management maturity;
In both pillars, it is the job of the Business Engineer to translate the business needs of the customer into technical specifications, keeping in mind that as a team we strive for one source of truth and standardized reporting. This means asking critical questions, identify and propose different solution scenario’s and keeping the bigger picture in mind. During and after implementation of the solution, the business engineer is also responsible for the user support. This includes creation of documentation, training of key users and collecting and processing customer feedback according to our internal processes.
A big part of our job is to make data available and turn it into information. As the maturity of the business grows, the focus will shift towards how data is used for decision making and project management. Calculated expected benefits (both monetary and in terms of performance improvement) are vital for high quality project selection and helps CS to make conscious decisions about what to spent time on. In this role you will work in the CI OI team and interface with different multi-disciplinary stakeholders, on multiple levels within the CS organization.
- Translate customer business needs into technical specifications for structural solutions;
- Perform data analysis and engage in conversation with the internal customer to define realistic calculated expected benefits of the requested project;
- Drive operational excellence by focusing on model robustness and one source of truth;
- Independently manage larger and complex development projects with challenging timelines and stakeholders;
- Initiate and contribute to scenario definition and priority setting;
- Translate data or information into business insights and recommendations;
- Create reference documents and training material as part of implementation;
- Monitor customer feedback and address knowledge gaps accordingly;
- Drive knowledge sharing in the team and domain network to improve average skill level;
- Challenge and coach colleagues to ensure team deliverables are in line with mission and vision;
- Act as the conscience of the business by being objective, ask critical questions and develop tactical plans to improve CS operational excellence
Education and experience
Bachelor / Master degree in Information Management, Business Intelligence, Mathematical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Technical Business administration, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics, (Applied) Physics or comparable.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in data analytics or data landscape domain, interacting with multiple levels of the organization
- Certified Green Belt/Black Belt, or proven experience that can compare to the level, regarding knowledge of Continuous Improvement and LEAN six sigma
- Experience in dashboard/data visualization tooling or tool development (example: Spotfire or PowerApps). Including scripting is a pre.
Experience with the topics below, are preferred but no must:
- Experience with datamodels and database normalization
- Knowledge of production service processes in a highly technological environment
- Experience with production control systems (SAP) is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel including Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is preferred (Need to be able to automate current tooling that is in Excel. Excel is not our preferred solution).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Pro-active, initiating attitude
- Self-sufficient and independent worker
- Reliable service oriented business partner
- Drive to take ownership and continuously improve business processes
- Strong people and communication skills, including stakeholder management
- Analytical and able to ask critical questions in a respectful discussion
- Team player that is committed to team success and team improvement
- Fluent English, both verbal and written, and open to cultural differences
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In this position you will work with a multi-cultural worldwide team and report to the CI OI Group Lead.
Non to very limited travel expected
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.