You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00233344-565
EUV Customer Service Engineer
In a nutshell
Austin - TX, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at our customers site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform qualification, repair and maintenance for the customers within the specific region.
The Job Mission involves being an essential part of a new site start-up Customer Support team for Samsung as they build their second US based high tech fab in Taylor, TX. Members of this team could spend up to one year on assignment to Korea in order to learn the technical, operational, and cultural differences of the customer and local ASML organization. Once the assignment is complete, the team will work at Samsung in Taylor, TX providing support for a top notch service organization as you start-up and ramp Samsung’s production on a new EUV fleet.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a member of the EUV Customer Support Team, the Customer Support Engineer (CSE) is responsible for providing first line support to the Customers machines during scheduled and un-scheduled down events. The CSE will aid in the preparation and planning of scheduled down events. The CSE drives issue resolution and provides structural follow-up in order to improve ASML procedures and ways of working at local sites. The CSE is also responsible for monitoring machine health parameters in effort to prevent unscheduled downtime.
- Install equipment at customer’s locations, including equipment with new features, unload components, inspect for damage, assemble, align and test.
- Analyze applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs.
- Expediently escalate issues to supporting resources when necessary.
- Work with co-workers, customer & field support in isolating and solving problems.
- Maintain and optimize equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and prevent problems.
- Train customers in use and routine maintenance of equipment.
- Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner.
- Act as a resource for users on routine malfunctions.
- Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and may recommend changes in user procedures.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem reports, and monthly reports. Prepare written technical reports on an independent basis.
- Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML personnel as necessary.
Education and experience
- Position requires a BS degree in an Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, and semiconductor processes, and relevant software.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including data analysis tools, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Ability to train and mentor Engineers and customer employees.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Position could have up to a one year assignment in Korea to learn the technical, operational, and cultural differences of the Samsung customer and local ASML organization. Upon completion, the team will locate in Texas to support Samsung at their new site.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds in weight unaided.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Willingness to continue learning and growing in a professional environment is necessary.
- Work is conducted at a customer site and requires familiarization with customer rules and policies regarding worksite behavior and safety.
- Expect to spend more than 50% of the time inside the clean room working with electromechanical equipment.
- Position works under the direction of a Manager, Supervisor, or Sr. Engineer.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.