You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00233211-550
EUV Technical Support Engineer
In a nutshell
Austin - TX, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at our customers site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform qualification, repair and maintenance for the customers within the specific region.
The Job Mission involves being an essential part of a new site start-up Customer Support team for Samsung as they build their second US based high tech fab in Taylor, TX. Members of this team could spend up to one year on assignment to Korea in order to learn the technical, operational, and cultural differences of the customer and local ASML organization. Once the assignment is complete, the team will work at Samsung in Taylor, TX providing support for a top notch service organization as you start-up and ramp Samsung’s production on a new EUV fleet.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a member of the EUV Tech Support team, the Tech Support Engineer (TSE) is responsible for providing technical expertise to the Fab Support team and Customer during machine issue escalations, complex repair execution, and sequence preparation. The TSE drives issue resolution and provides structural follow-up in order to improve ASML procedures and ways of working at local sites. The TSE is also responsible for monitoring machine health parameters in effort to prevent unscheduled downtime.
- Ensure all service actions are performed in a safe environment and drive towards a proactive culture of safety first.
- Efficiently solve machine issues by collaborating with local support teams, the customer, and global support groups.
- Provide flexible in-fab support as needed for new, specialized, or complex repair actions with first-time right attitude.
- Support the Fab and Planning team in complex service action sequence creation and review.
- Share knowledge and cross-train others in order to gain organizational flexibility and self-sufficiency.
- Perform data analysis and proactive monitoring to prevent unscheduled downs.
- Develop and implement best-known-methods to drive optimized shift-to-shift performance.
- Improve service mix and structural issue documentation including initiation, review, and improvement rollout.
- Understand and drive continuous improvement towards ASML’s performance and cost KPI targets.
- Present data-driven summaries to the customer, including problem statement, root cause, and solution with timeline.
- Provide timely feedback to customer questions in a clear, professional manner.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, including shift/team passdown, service orders, system health and monthly reports on an independent basis.
- Competency: The holder of this position will be responsible for the Flow, Temperature, and Gas Control of the EUV scanner. This position will require specialized diagnostic and analytical skillsets in order to narrow down gas, vacuum, water, defectivity, and temperature control issues after replacing critical components, and qualifying the system within set timelines. In this role, you will cross-train with Scanner, Source, and Drive Laser to maintain the safety and performance of the EUV system, and work closely with Applications and Metrology engineers to maintain the production performance of the system.
The holder of this position reports to the EUV Tech Support Manager and provides indirect and direct support to customers, and direct escalation and technical support to operations.
Education and experience
- BS engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- Engineers with at least 3 years of ASML EUV lithography experience preferred.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible way.
- Previous experience mentoring new hire engineers & helping integrate from a technical and procedural perspective.
- Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Must take ownership for solving issues and ensures escalations take place.
- Take proactive action for prevention or repeating error.
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance & highly independent in a shift position.
- Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem solving.
- Work unsupervised and be responsible for projects, track equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative and ownership to increase skill and knowledge level in team.
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high pace environment.
- Multi-task team player with good ability to work under different working environment pressures.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of different cultures and WOW.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Strong customer focus.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position could require up to 40% travel in the training period, and the willingness to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Ability to travel in US and internationally.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.