You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00232816-548
Sourcing & Supply Chain Master Data Project Lead
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Do you love designing product data solutions and playing a key role in the fundaments for Operational Excellence? Are you keen to work in a data-driven environment within a high-tech global enterprise? Are you challenged by working in such an environment and while doing so striving for the highest possible data quality and essentially making great business impact through that? If so, then this might be the right opportunity for you!
The Master Data Project Lead role is part of the Sourcing & Supply Chain Product Lifecycle Management department. The role is connected to the Global Master Data Management department which manages global product related data, enabling ASML to achieve high data quality leading to operational excellence by supporting time to profitability. It manages data governance boards for ASML’s manufacturing, supply chain management, finance and procurement departments.
The Sourcing & Supply Chain organization is an industry-leading organization, responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML’s factories and customers. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions. Plans are made up to four years ahead while customer requirements and system bill of materials can change at any time. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers. So, with all our highly talented, educated and motivated people, we must proactively identify and solve potential issues by working closely together with our technical departments and customers while actively managing an extensive supplier base.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
ASML strives to become ‘best-in-class’ in operational excellence. We as a department enable ASML to be in control of product master data (model) as the foundation for efficient business execution, at any point in time.
As a Master Data Project Lead, you are responsible for providing product data solutions that fit best with the requirements and ambitions from our business stakeholders, securing data quality trough adherence to the data framework, data governance and other data-fundaments.
You will contribute to product data improvements which are performed by multidisciplinary (project) teams that consist of multiple business stakeholders (within & outside Sourcing & Supply Chain) and IT.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Driving projects aimed at improving master data quality, which include product data solutions, solving structural product data issues within the business and securing data quality.
Typical project work includes:
- Performing root cause analyses and defining product data improvement initiatives.
- Providing impact assessments.
- Translating requirements into user stories.
- Creating functional and technical specifications for the solution (incl. cleansing/migration strategy when needed).
- Creating & preparing product data quality reporting.
- Aligning with business stakeholders on required process changes.
- Preparing and supporting end-to-end testing.
- Contributing to the implementation of the data solution in the organization, e.g. by preparing training.
- Creating & maintaining work instructions, procedures and product data quality solutions.
- Organizing 2nd line support for operational issues/incidents, where other stakeholders from the data management community need help in root cause analysis and/or issue resolution.
- Responsible for continuously improving our way of working, applying performance management, problem solving methodology, and other tools that can support in continuous improvements.
- Contributing to department’s roadmap.
Education and experience
- MSc degree in Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years relevant and proven experience.
- Experience with (product) data quality management and its impact on business processes.
- Experience with data architecture(s) and understanding of data modeling, including knowledge on product data model.
- Experience with performance management, metrics, KPI’s and reporting.
- Experience with SAP (or ERP) applications (such as MM, MDG, BOIS/BODS & ECM) is a pro.
- Understanding how data governance is embedded within global enterprises.
- Ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations.
- Well-developed project management skills, focus on stakeholder management and influencing without power.
- Experience with Lean and Agile are a pro.
- Excellent professional communication in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Proactive attitude, drive for improvement.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Result driven.
- Drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex initiatives.
- Ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.