You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00232815-547
Sourcing & Supply Chain Project Manager
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The mission of The S&SC Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) APPS team is to run successful ASML product roadmaps into lean supply chain solutions. As such, PLM is responsible for securing material availability for ASML’s new systems during proto phase, early shipping and initial ramp up. This involves the planning and release of materials throughout the logistics chain from system development through suppliers and manufacturing to customers. In a fast-paced industry, PLM is involved in system development from day one–defining logistics requirements and identifying potential risks in suppliers’ design and production processes. In the spirit of concurrent engineering, this happens while the system is still being developed, so specifications are constantly subject to change. Hence, PLM drives timely delivery of Bill of Materials and technical documentation during development, and ensures supply chain and in-field infrastructures can handle the new products. It also manages the highly dynamic materials critical path for new products to maximize transparency and minimize delays.
Sourcing & Supply Chain sector (S&SC) is an industry-leading operations organization, responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML’s factories and customers. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions. S&SC plans up to four years ahead while customer requirements and system bill of materials can change at any time. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers. So S&SC must proactively identify and solve potential issues by working closely with our technical departments and customers, and actively managing an extensive supplier base. With over 350 highly educated and motivated people, S&SC has contributed to ASML being named “Best Factory” in the Netherlands and in the top 4 in Europe.
This is a challenging program management opportunity for academic professionals with experience in new product introductions, lifecyle management, supply chain or production in high tech-low volume environments.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Fast market introduction of ASML’s newest technologies requires concurrent engineering by all disciplines. The Supply Chain Management Program Manager Product Lifecycle fulfills this need by bridging the gap between new product development, phase out and supply chain volume operations.
As Project Manager, you’ll make a real difference to the efficiency and profitability of the company by determining and managing the supply chain project plan of platforms, new products, associated introduction types (new builds, installs and upgrades), industrialization and phase-out strategies. Managing risks and requirements at product level across the full life cycle (feasibility, design, ramp, release-for-volume and phase down). Manage requirements at function development level. To achieve this, you will be using your unique mix of technical, creative and interpersonal skills and you’ll guide and coordinate your team of up to 10 supply chain team members.
- Manage supply chain introduction of new APPS products from technical feasibility towards ramp and release-for-volume.
- Plan & mobilize resources of the supply chain management project team to fulfill the plans.
- Manage supply chain requirements & deliverables through key decision gates of ASML’s Product Generation Process.
- Manage material availability balanced against customer service levels, inventory, quality, costs and risks: Identify bottle necks, prepare decisions and take actions towards engineering, suppliers, factories, field to manage the critical path both for time-to-market and ramp.
- Represent all Global Supply Chain departments in the cross-sector Product Team.
Education and experience
MSc degree in industrial engineering or supply chain, or equivalent experience.
5–10 yrs work experience, of which 2–5 yrs experience in new product introductions preferably in high-tech, low-volume environments.
Excellent professional communication in English. Dutch and/or Mandarin preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Result orientation, act under high pressure.
- Stakeholder management: deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders both at operational and executive levels.
- Organize cross functional cooperation.
- Able to coach team members.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.