You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Are you someone who develops distributed data processing pipelines for complex datasets? Do you know everything about different distributed data processing frameworks? Are you excited about driving solutions by leveraging understanding of the business value of data? Then you could be our next Data Engineer! Leave your details below to be contacted by a recruiter following a CV screening.
Role and responsibilities
- Developing distributed data processing pipelines for complex datasets (Big Data 5Vs) by using different distributed data processing frameworks (batch and stream data processing)
- Provide consulting to the business on data engineering solutions
- Design and implement data access interfaces (APIs for read/write data)
- Contribute to the project roadmap and translate it into concrete work items
Contribute to identified studies and technology evaluations to drive choices and decisions
- Work together with Data Scientists/Engineers, other ASML stakeholders and End-Users/Customers to deliver valuable data solution by collecting and analyzing data requirements and produce specifications
- Explain and motivate design and technical choices to stakeholders (e.g. writing EDS)
- Driving solutions by leveraging understanding of the business value of data
Education and experience
- A bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, data science, information technology or comparable
- At least 3 years of experience as (big) data engineer
Proficiency in software development skills in languages such as python, Java, scala
- Experience with Big Data eco-systems (Kubernetes/Docker, Hadoop, GCP, Azure, Databricks), Big Data processing frameworks (Spark, Dask, Flink, Storm, Kafka, Samza, Flume), Big Data storage and management (HDFS, Object Store, NoSQL databases) and Big Data query engines (e.g. Hive, Hbase, Cassandra, Kudu, Impala)
- Familiarity with distributed architectures: distributed data management, parallel and concurrent computation
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills to explain and motivate design and technical choices to stakeholders who may or may not have a technical background and to effectively transfer knowledge to other team members and stakeholders
- The drive to keep abreast with new technologies and best practices in the field of Data Engineering to apply them in the daily job
- A keen eye for detail
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.