You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Global Communities of Practice Manager
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Responsible for the review, re-design, development and learning and knowledge management experience of ASML communities of practice. This role will be responsible for standardize the Communities of Practice (CoP) configurations, exploit preexisting relationships among employees, draw resources from across the organization, and focus community energy on the goals and issues most important to ASML and the ASML Academy.
Role and responsibilities
- Create a Communities of Practice Strategy and Structure;
- Create a CoP programs that is part of a comprehensive strategy to support learning and capability development;
- Create a flexible CoP structure in which different community models serve different purposes within ASML;
- Ensure that communities are even more sharply focused on business objectives and the needs of ASML employees;
- Actively manage the CoP portfolios to maximize efficiency and avoid the confusion created by existing overlapping groups;
- Create standardized community processes, tools, and approaches alongside the KM Program Manager and the Learning and Knowledge Management infrastructure manager;
- Create a templated approach to community sites that are both standardized and flexible enough to be customized to the needs of each group;
- Create activity streams and connected systems to provide a streamlined, cohesive employee experience;
- Create a strategic approach to social networking to enhance community collaboration;
- Align with the learning and knowledge management infrastructure leader to align on the appropriate mobile apps and cloud-based platforms that will be impactful for our ASML CoPs;
- Create a framework for balancing virtual and face-to-face interaction among community members to enhance the employee experience;
- Create a CoP Community leadership responsibilities framework to ensureroles and responsibilities are distributed across multiple people (e.g. like Toastmasters);
- Align with both the Dean and ASML Academy leads on which CoPs can compliment and/ or replace existing formal training initiatives;
- Established engagement strategies focusing on senior leader support, branding, marketing and communication as well as links to performance measurement continue to play a vital role in motivating community participation;
- Explore how CoP Community marketing can play a role to ensure that everyone who is in a target group of the CoP is aware of its existence and can participate meaningfully in the journey;
- Align with the ASML Academy leads and the dean on how CoP Community programs on how to combine formal rewards with gamification and peer-based recognition schemes;
- Put strategies in place to leverage proven techniques to measure community health and value. These include tracking activity metrics, surveying members, and capturing success stories to convey CoP value;
- Ensure data-driven decision-making techniques deployed by the CoPs result in some changes to measurement strategies;
- Employ advanced analysis capabilities to allow CoP programs to understand participation drivers and evaluate the quality of community interaction.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- 10 years experience in learning and development;
- Skilled in needs, context & skills analysis, adult learning, facilitation, needs assessment and measuring impact of learning programs;
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Philosophies;
- Knowledge of change theories, learning models and best practices, instructional design strategies, and learning assessment;
- Certifications in external programs and assessments is a plus (e.g. Insights DISC, Team Diagnostics, Team coaching);
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and programs concurrently;
- Super written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills, collaborative, professionalism, and initiative;
- Strong work ethic, leadership/coaching skills, team building, and strong analytical skills.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Functional / Technical:
- Ability to facilitate complex discussions on content and behavior;
- Experienced master facilitator with the ability to teach others the same;
- Exceptional questioning skills (both in-person and virtual) leading learners to new insights;
- Ability to think on feet, be flexible and skilled at handling challenging discussions and helping people connect the concepts and skills to their roles;
- Ability to synthesize/summarize key points in a discussion;
- Comfortable with ambiguity – stays present under stress, maintains composure, makes decisions in the moment.
- Executive presence and business knowledge credibility;
- Personal connection with target audience (preferably has similar leadership experiences to draw from);
- Ability to connect with cross-business audiences to make the content relevant, drawing out different perspectives;
- Culturally sensitive; able to facilitate and teach in different cultures and create an inclusive environment;
- Continuous learner who stays current with both internal and external business and professional trends and approaches;
- Ability to coach facilitators and coaches both individually and in a group.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.