You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
2 days ago - J-00232830-758
Mechanical Lead Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Optical engineering
Introduction to the job
Do you enjoy designing, building and testing mechanical systems?
Do you want to expand your professional skill set into other disciplines?
And do you enjoy interacting with many different people, enthusing them with ideas and motivating them to contribute?
If so, this could be the ideal career step for you.
Role and responsibilities
Your mission will be to make a positive impact on the entire company - because you will be working at the heart of the ASML machine, right in the light path. That’s one of the several reasons this position offers direct challenge and virtually real-time feedback job satisfaction. You will be expected to use not only your hard-skill technical expertise to engineer on a practical scale, but also your soft-skill people techniques to enthuse and motivate others. In addition, because projects at ASML are always multidisciplinary, you will also be expected to develop new technical skills beyond your own area of expertise, so this position offers a 360º professional growth.
Which means that in addition to the challenges of mechanical engineering - designing, building and prototype testing – you will also consider other factors such as electronics, software, environmental control, and infrastructural requirements.
You will contribute to the development of products by specification, concept study, volume control, interface definition, design, mechanical calculations (FEM), technical product documentation, qualification, integration and test execution of mechanical modules or subsystems within the light path of the system. In particular you will:
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions.
- Specify and design the (sub-)modules and/or tooling to realize the required performance: to achieve this, you will use state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective
- Drive the qualification of the design by specifying tests, designing and realizing the test equipment
- Continuously improve the quality of mechanical designs
Education and experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in mechanical engineering
- At least 7 – 10 years of working experience in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment
- Well educated in the application of construction principles and accurate position principles of precision engineering
- Ability to design concepts, have a pragmatic attitude and capability to translate concepts into practical designs that meet specified requirements
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools is required, preferably Siemens NX, Teamcenter and SAP R3
- Experience with optomechanical devices/optical components is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Very good technical skills with a pragmatic attitude
- Creative thinking capability and self propelling
- Critical on results
- Good communication skills, team player and fluency in English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In this position, you’ll need to access US-controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. If you apply, you must be legally authorized to access such US-controlled technology before the job starts.
How to proceed from here?
Below you can find the process we follow to select the candidates with the best matching skills:
1. CV, cover letter, and portfolio review
2. Interview 1
3. Interview 2
4. HR interview
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.