You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Project Manager Metrology Measure
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Are you a project manager with a broad platform vision and interest, and ready for the next challenge? Do you combine a strong project manager background with excellent people skills? Then Project Manager – Metrology Measure is the right position for you!
Metrology software orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. ASML uses its metrology systems to measure and compensate for sub-nanometer inaccuracies that inevitably creep in due to material imperfections, temperature fluctuations, and pressure changes. Metrology systems are indispensable to achieve the accuracies the ASML machines require for our customers. All algorithms to achieve this, are written in a large and complex software structure that runs in our scanner machines and (off-scanner) applications.
In the Metrology Measure department we focus on the software platform for Wafer Alignment (the horizontal position of the wafers in our scanner tools), and Leveling (the height maps of wafers). The Metrology Measure department is part of the Metrology & Machine Control Cluster, part of the Sector Development & Engineering in ASML.
We are looking for a project manager for Metrology Measure deliverables for ASML’s DUV BL. As commonality is key to our solutions, the project manager has to strongly align for optimal solutions with the other BLs as well.
Role and responsibilities
- Together with architects define deliverables for metrology solutions for ASML’s DUV scanners as well as EUV scanners and Applications products.
- Align with Product Management, System Engineers, Function Architect, and Product Owners to determine what brings most value for money for ASML Define development phases by thinking in terms of Minimal Viable Products (MVP).
Align with cross-sectors (production, customer support, logistics, etc.) to ensure on-time delivery.
- Create detailed project plans including resource requirements. Align this planning with the product masterplan, planning of the teams and planning of interfacing projects. Take action in case of mismatches by managing the triple constraint: scope, timing, and resources, within the project budget and the right quality standards.
- Engage with Group Leaders, RTEs and CPOs to secure necessary resources.
- Escalate blocking issues for team through the proper paths.
- Assess and address technical and operational risks based on input of architects and design engineering teams.
- Integrate sub-deliverables from multiple SAFe Agile Release Trains to a single package that can be delivered to software releases for ASML’s (DUV) scanners.
- Conduct periodic presentations to Product Management, Department management and Senior Management.
As project manager you will report to the Department Manager MX-Measure, and operationally report to multiple PDMs (Product Development Managers) and PCMs (Product Cluster managers) in the DUV program management.
Education and experience
Master or PhD or Master in Computer Science, Software engineering, System Engineering or equivalent.
At least 3-5 years of experience as a project manager, product owner, team lead or MDO, delivering software solutions in an industrial production environment
Experience in a SAFe working environment is a big plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Flexible, pragmatic and determined
- Able to work with multiple architects, lead engineers, and managers, in a complex environment
- Represents the voice of the customer for the solution, is business-aware
- Good communications skills and fluent in English
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please upload your most recent version of your CV and a motivation letter.
We only accept applications via our career website. All other submissions are not GDPR compliant.
If you want more information before applying, please contact Hans van Gageldonk.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.