You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00233380-976
Industrial Engineer for EUV Projection
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Is it your strength to define crystal clear production and service processes and do you want to be involved in the proto and pilot phase of new developments? Do you understand processes and people behavior in complex manufacturing and service environments? Are you able to influence product designs and drive ASML’s system availability, reliability and cycle time? Then the job of Industrial Engineer for EUV Projection might be just the one for you!
ASML’s TWINSCAN NXE platform is the industry’s first production platform for extreme ultraviolet lithography. The NXE step-and-scan systems use EUV light, generated by a tin-based plasma source, to enable her customers to continue Moore’s law by manufacturing integrated circuits on an ever smaller scale. The Projection Optics Box (POB) is the optical module at the heart of this system which takes care of projecting the image from the mask onto the wafer with a 4 times reduction, thereby controlling aberrations at an absolute minimum (nanometer scale). It is a high-tech module in which all engineering disciplines come together to achieve the required imaging performance. The NXE Projection project is the project which is responsible for the development, integration and industrialization of the above-mentioned POB module.
Role and responsibilities
As an Industrial Engineer for EUV Projection in the D&E EUV Optical Column department, you will be operating in a multi-disciplinary environment as a member of the Industrialization group and as part of the NXE Projection project.
In this job you will mainly focus on four areas. You will:
· Be responsible for the design, realization and optimization of the production and service processes of the POB module.
· Deliver the work preparation and service mix which is needed for respectively the workers in the EUV factory and field service engineers at our customer sites, to be able to build, qualify and service the POB module.
· Maintain the alignment on agreed cycle time and availability budgets with System Engineering, architects, the EUV Factory and Customer Support, and drive for the implementation of those ideas that are necessary to bring the final performance in line with the agreed specifications.
· Ensure that the requirements on manufacturability and serviceability are properly documented, and successfully implemented in the product designs and associated manufacturing and service processes
You will be the focal point between the Development & Engineering, EUV Factory and Customer Support sectors. You will ensure optimal production and servicing of ASML’s latest EUV lithography system for the Projection function. You will do this by ensuring that industrialization requirements, such as cycle time, availability, manufacturability and serviceability are properly taken into account in the designs of new hardware and software solutions
Your activities will be, among other things:
· Define, realize and optimize the production and service processes for the POB module, and point out structural problems and bottlenecks, work out suggestions for improvements, all in close cooperation with surrounded departments, such as the EUV Factory and Customer Support.
· Write and verify the work instructions for the factory and field service engineers.
· Provide effective troubleshoot documentation, such as Out of Control Action Plans (OCAPs), Problem Cause Solutions (PCSs) and Deterministic Diagnostic Flows (DDFs).
· Identify and work out diagnostics improvements for the factory and field service engineers to improve their troubleshoot capabilities.
· Drive continuous improvement by translating lessons learned back into process and product improvements.
· Maintain alignment on agreed cycle time and availability budgets, and drive for the implementation of those ideas that are needed to bring these important drivers within budget.
· Transfer knowledge to factory and field service engineers.
· Provide support (hands-on, if applicable) for factory and customer issues.
· Manage customer escalations and ensure timely resolution.
Education and experience
MSc degree in Technical Engineering, such as Physics, Optics, Mechatronics, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
· At least 3 years of experience in a production environment with high-tech products and complex production and service processes.
· ASML experience with manufacturing, service and/or integration activities is an advantage.
· Familiar with product and process development in a concurrent engineering environment.
· Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Availability, Reliability and Diagnostics..
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
· Real team player, and when needed, able to work independently
· Good communication skills in both oral and written English
· Initiative; take steps proactively to improve processes and products, and to prevent issues
· Results oriented; drive the realization of agreed industrialization deliverables on time
· Quality minded; deliver work of high quality that is in line with industrialization standards
· Leadership; drive the implementation of structural solutions that bring cycle time and availability within spec
· Recognizes opportunities and threats; taking own initiative immediately
· Ability to take a helicopter view and to put oneself in the position of the customer
· Eager and get-it-done mentality
· Committed and flexible attitude
· Familiar with escalation management
· Out-of-the-box thinker
Incidental traveling to ASML’s customers in Asia or the US might be required in this role.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.