You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00233244-981
Senior Software Algorithm Engineer – MODEL/MXP
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
In the software research and development (R&D) team, you will be a key member to develop high quality software and contribute to all phases of the development process from designing to release. You must be responsible for independently developing and testing the algorithms and turn general requirement definitions into functioning modules. A good candidate should exhibit strategic thinking, be self-motivated and collaborative with team members.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for enthusiastic senior algorithm/software engineers to join our team, to change the world, one nanometer at a time. This position is to develop new features and improve performance for Tachyon FEM+ (Mask3D, Optical, Resist) models, Newron models, and MXP, and to help taking these applications to the next level.
Tachyon FEM+ models are the world-leading lithography models that enable the OPC (Optical Proximity Correction) process for microchip manufacturing, while the Newron models are the extensions that utilizing the deep convolution network to further boost the accuracy and performance. MXP is the data cleaning and data collection tool to provide reliable data for model calibration and is part of the end-to-end solutions for achieving the best model performance for Tachyon FEM+ and Newron models.
What you will be doing at this position:
- Designing and developing algorithms in C++. The task includes developing new algorithm and data structures from the scratch, adopting known solutions via using a third-party library or via reimplementation from a known / published algorithm.
- Integrating algorithms into module(s) that can be used in a distributed computing system in a Linux environment. The task includes interface design and optimizing data distribution to maximize the efficiency of the algorithms in a distributed environment.
- Integrating open-source libraries, such as OpenCV or Tensorflow, into our applications.
- Developing optical models or machine-learning based models used in resist/etch model and image processing, image recognition in MXP.
- Integrating existing modules into an end-to-end solution, in C++ or Python scripts. Evaluating pro and cons among solutions and suggesting the best solutions to fulfill the requirements.
- Keeping good documentation of design and implementations.
- As the domain knowledge is in lithography model/process and image processing on electron microscopy, good understanding in these fields will be desirable
Education and experience
- Ph.D. or M.S. in STEM, such as Computer Science, Electric Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, or related areas.
- Experience in physics modeling, optical modeling, resist/etch modeling, PDE solver, or scientific simulations (industry or academic).
- Experience in C++ and/or other object-oriented software development.
- Good understanding in data structures and algorithms.
- Familiar with SQL, Linux environment and scripting languages.
Nice to have any of the desired skills such as :
- Image processing, computational geometry.
- Machine learning (data science).
- Electron microscopy applications and data processing.
- Electromagnetic computation and rigorous solver.
- Semiconductor lithography and IC design knowledge.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, product managers and customer support
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles.Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.