You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Reliability System Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
Are you an engineer who thinks and acts on system level? Would you like to continuously improve the reliability and diagnostic performance of the machine? Do you have a broad technical interest combined with good communication skills? Do you want to use your technical knowledge to improve the system uptime performance by finding structural system flaws? Then the job of a System Reliability Engineer is just for you!
Role and responsibilities
The AV Engineering group predicts, asses and drives for solutions to maximize uptime of our systems for our customers.
In the position of System Reliability Engineeryou will be part of the team that is responsible for overall system availability performance. Together with the AV project lead you will be the driving force in the product generation process for securing test time, defining corner test cases and close the feedback loop to the D&E functions as soon as real machine data becomes available. Your stakeholder landscape exist out of system engineering, reliability engineering, customer support, BL and D&E functions.
Main activities and responsibilities::
- Define test performance specifications (TPS) which maximize learnings and issue findings on proto systems.
- Drive together with the system integration team issue resolution.
- Predict and drive machine test time for next machine generations.
- Take lead in the definition of the problem statement and be a sparring partner during the analysis and solution phase of the found system issues by the D&E projects.
Education and experience
- Technical education on MSc. Level in direction of Physics, Optics , Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge on system level of ASML machines
- Preferable hands-on experience in working on ASML machines
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Analytically strong, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured.
- Strong entrepreneurship.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.