You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Product Owner Identity Access Management Cryptography
Other technical job categories
Other technical job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories, Other technical job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you a Product Owner who enjoys partnering with stakeholders to achieve their goals and truly understand their (business) requirements? Are you able to prioritize requirements and reprioritize them as your team moves to results through sprints? Just how good are your stakeholder management skills? Are you capable of providing a clear point of view and vision for a development team?
ASML IT is currently in an Agile transformation, moving towards SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework 5.0). All Agile teams are organized in Agile Release Trains (ARTs). The Identity & Access Management (IAM) ART is responsible for providing state-of-the-art and seamless IAM and Cryptography capabilities and services to the whole of ASML (globally). All teams within the ART work Agile and are moving into a DevOps way of working - you build it, you own it!; The IAM ART consists of teams in the domains of Identity Governance; Administration (IGA), Access Management (AM), Directory Services, Privileged Access Management (PAM) and Cryptography Services (CS).
As a Product Owner you are the “middleman” between the (internal) customers and the team you’re part of. It is your role to actively manage your stakeholders, to make their demands clear for your development and operations team, to set the priorities and to function as a stakeholder to take our Cryptography Services to a “state-of-the-art” level. You constantly keep the product backlog aligned with priorities agreed with stakeholders and with the goals and mission of the ART. You encourage your team to deliver as much value as possible. You constantly look for opportunities to improve the quality of service and delivery, in close cooperation with other Product Owners and stakeholders. You give feedback on timing and quality.
Role and responsibilities
As a Product Owner for Cryptography Services, you are responsible for defining objectives and direction and working with your team to deliver capabilities and services that enable the use of Cryptography across ASML to achieve the objectives of Confidentiality, Integrity, Non-repudiation and Authentication.; These include (but are not limited to) Cryptography advisory, Certificate management and Key management. You do this together with the System Architect of the ART and with your team.; Second, you support the ART in achieving the ART objectives (e.g., implementation of target architecture).
In your role as Product Owner, we expect you to be end-to-end accountable for the Agile Team deliverables regarding maintaining and changing the cryptographic capabilities and running the cryptographic services. You have to clearly express and prioritize product backlog items to best achieve our mission and goals.; You ensure that the team backlog is visible, transparent and clear to all.Building and maintaining an active relationship with your stakeholders to maximize value delivered and aligning on status is key. You align with stakeholders, e.g., Security, on the cryptography requirements and provide them with data that enables them to monitor compliance. You team up with the CPO to align on priorities of the ART and team backlog and you accept the stories in the team backlog as “done” when they are.
Education and experience
You’re a Product Owner with a solid technical background in Security and have experience working in an Agile environment. You’re highly motivated and energetic and you are able to pass on your enthusiasm to your stakeholders and team. Your stakeholder management skills are strong, and you are a result driven communicator. You are outgoing, actively building relationships while building and maintain, a helicopter view and vision. You act like an entrepreneur and take ownership; you should be passionate about the topic of cryptography.
As ASML is an international organization, we are looking for someone with excellent English communication and presentation skills, both verbal and in written communication. You will work in a global organization and with a team located across the world.
Other important skills and competences are:
- Good understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Encryption, Security risk management and technology security in general.
- Good understanding of cryptographic concepts including symmetric and asymmetric cryptography, digital signatures, and hashing
- Working experience with certificate management processes, including request, issuance, deployment and revocation.
- Experience working with Certificate Management tools such as Keyfactor, Venafi and AppViewX is a plus.
- Good experience with technologies such as PKI, HSMs (Hardware Security Modules) and Key vaults, either in an engineering, operational or management capacity is a plus.
- Well acquainted with the concepts of DevOps, automation and CI/CD/CT pipelines.
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical concepts in simple terms and secure support from business stakeholders.
- Experience working with operational teams, defining service management models and maintaining operational excellence.
- Experience working with Agile teams in an engineering or product management role is a plus.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (desirable)
Working on the cutting edge of technology, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You cannot and will not work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, we expect the following behavior:
- You build, own and manage the company's vision on Cryptography management
- You challenge the Agile team towards greater efficiency and drive automation
- You contribute to the refinement of work items
- You break up large work items in smaller ones
- You are always there for the Agile team to help and be a sparring partner
- You chair the Sprint Review
- You say “no” when required to ensure focus and keep the team from getting distracted
- You function as the voice of the customer towards the team
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.