You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
ASML Field Service Engineer(Yokkaichi)
In a nutshell
The sector of Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring.
-We are looking for Customer support Engineer who works in Customer site and at Yokkaichi Location in ASML.
-Shift work is applicable.
-This position is suitable for people who want to work as engineer with using Native Japanese Level/ Basic English.
Analyze and make repairs at customer site, if needed by effectively escalating to the next higher level, based on broad knowledge of most systems, using system documentation, to solve problems. Execute regular maintenance, implement upgrades and Field Change Orders, and provide elementary training to the customer and ensure proper operation of ASML machines at customer site.
1. Problem analysis and approach
Gather all information relevant for the problem, analyze using available means, gather additional diagnostic info if needed, decide on initial approach to solve problem, assess new information and adapt approach if necessary.
2. Problem handovers and routing
Handover problem or problem aspects to others (2nd / 3rd line support), document and package all data relevant for problem resolution (e.g. pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem reports, technical reports), ensure problem ownership is clear, ensure follow-up.
Advise customer technical personnel in dealing with problems, together with customer technical staff and using manuals and guidance from 2nd and 3rd line support, use tools, replace parts, improve settings, to execute repairs.
Arrange with customer machine time window to execute procedure, plan procedure, arrange for all (possible) parts, tools, equipment and information / knowledge to be available at start of procedure, execute procedure, make necessary decisions / adaptations during procedure to realize optimal results.
5. Training / advice
Explain appropriate actions to users to correct malfunctions, train customers in use and routine maintenance of equipment, recommend changes in user procedures when needed.
Install equipment at customers locations, including equipment with new features, unload components, inspect for damage, assemble, align and test.
7. Knowledge build-up and transfer
Teach others on ASML products, new and installed, tools, manuals, ways of working etc., maintain and broaden own knowledge.
Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML or local personnel as necessary.
9. Continuous improvement
Signal possible improvements in manuals / procedures and ways of working, analyze applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications, recommend design changes or substitution of materials when appropriate.
10. Coordination and customer interaction
Plan and coordinate the activities of employees in the team, including client personnel, deal with customer on multiple levels in all situations.
11. Scheduled service activities
Execute regular maintenance and implement upgrades and FCO’s.
Above technical college
-Preferably experience with Semiconductor tool/equipment or complex mechatronics systems (Aerospace, Robotics, Factory Automation, Actuators, Motion control or industries with related technologies)
-Minimum 3 years experience as service maintenance engineer for electrical/mechanical products/machine/process.
-Candidate who studied in Electrical or mechanical faculty and have enthusiasm to be engineer may be considered even if s/he does not have experience as engineer above.
• Native level Japanese skill is required
• Fundamental English skill is preferred (around TOEIC 500).If not, motivation to learn English and increase TOEIC score in first year on the job is required
• Self-motivated and flexibility
• Pragmatic attitude, motivated, pro-active, self-driven and flexible
• High sense of responsibility and devotion
• Good team player who is committed to the success of ASML
• Strong analytical ability and focus on problem solving
• Off line analysis capability
• Our customer has x2 sites in Japan, so required Flexibility to travel or change working location to other sites for support to fill gap in each site situations.(Other site is Kitakami city, in Iwate prefecture)
• Flexibility required for the possibility of domestic or oversea transfer in the future, dependent on business needs.