You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00234275-258
Working at Height - Design Expert
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Our machines become bigger with every step we take in performance. Would you like to support ASML in making working at these machines safe by delivering expert opinion and judgement for safe solutions? Would you take the responsibility to provide proactive approach to have inherent safe design for working at height in our designs? Do you have experience and knowledge about safety risks, ISO 12100, OSHA, machine directive, designing solutions for working at height, fall hazards and means of access?
Then this could be your next challenge!
Role and responsibilities
The competence engineer of Working at Height (within our Mechanical Development department) enables the design community to create a safe design for working at heights, in accordance with ISO 12100, OSHA, SEMI S2 in line with the System Performance Specifications (SPS) from Product Safety.
- Discussing and assisting proactively projects to resolve the potential relevant topics, issues related with working at height (design and engineering), fall hazard aspects of project deliverables
- Providing guidance to the projects what requirements to be fulfilled to achieve safe and compliant solution for working at height, fall hazard aspects of project deliverables
- Verifying the design with respect to working at height, fall hazard aspects of project deliverables
- Driving design community to enable inherent safe design solutions for working at height design and engineering aspects
- Researching and preparing the global design requirements on working at height design, engineering & safety aspects
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering or similar. In addition design safety education/appropriate project experience is preferable.
- Design and Engineering experience in working at height and fall hazards. Preferably in semi conductor context or other industries (oil & gas, aircraft or train industries)
- Knowledge of mechanical safety risks, ISO 12100, Machine directive, OSHA, design and engineering solutions for working at height.
- Experience to perform safety requirement verification (e.g. strength calculation, stability assessment etc.) for working at height design and engineering projects
- Preferable to have experience in ASML & experience in mechanical engineering topics
- Broad technical knowledge in classical mechanical engineering and affinity with related disciplines
- Being able to translate hands-on experience to design guidelines
- Being able to help the designers to make the right choice
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Communicate effectively throughout different levels within the organization.
- Good social and communication skills
- Pragmatic attitude, provide solutions
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within the mechanical system layout group you will be part of the mechanical safety, working on heights and ergonomics team. You will be working closely together with the competence lead and safety department on one hand and with teams designing means of access tools on the other hand.
You will report to the teamleader and you are supporting various working at height design and engineering projects for different platforms at the same time.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.