You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Azure solution Architect
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML – the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry – has prioritized to apply
Cloud throughout its IT services landscape. The Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) is responsible for developing
and operating the Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform that is used within all regions where ASML has a
Role and responsibilities
As an Azure Solution Architect you work closely together with DevOps teams in their effort to develop and deploy
solutions on Azure. This can by solution design, sharing knowledge, co-creating, agreeing on a joint milestone
planning, discuss cost management aspects and/or set-up a PoC/MVP yourself.
This role is part of the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE). This teams vision is to provide a flexible and reliable
automated cloud platform to enable accelerated and sustainable adoption of cloud across ASML and maximizing the
ability to realize its benefits while reducing risks, supporting ASMLs growth and bring innovative cloud solutions to the
As an Azure Solution Architect you will be a member of the Customer Team, part of the Cloud Center of Excellence.
The objective of this Customer Team is to support DevOps team in designing and deploying solution on the Azure
The responsibilities in this role are:
- Provide expertise and leadership regarding cloud architecture for both infrastructure and applications in
- Contribute to technical road-maps for future Azure cloud implementations;
- Participate and contribute in cloud architecture for cloud based applications;
- Together with DevOps teams create solution design using cloud native patterns were possible;
- Assist with improving automation capabilities of the DevOps teams (e.g. using CI/CD toolset);
- Detect new needed cloud services to be developed and align with CCoE product owner;
- Review and/or approve technical solutions – assurance of compliance with directives, standards and
- Ensure that the implementation is in line with design;
- Ensures security and reliability is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions;
- Create a joint planning with the DevOps team and drive progress;
- Discuss cloud cost management and cost forecast with the DevOps team to raise cost awareness and
ensure the team plans for budget;
- Develop PoC/PoV as and when required;
- Acts as a subject-matter expert around Azure for ASML;
- Document the solution design and all other relevant information.
Education and experience
A Bachelor’s/Master degree in IT, Business Management, Computer Science or Electronics is required and:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an Azure Solution Architect;
- Proficient knowledge of Azure;
- Experience in setting up enterprise level account structures and security models in Azure;
- Designing, configuring and using IaaS services (like VM, Azure Kubernetes Services, networking, storage);
- Designing, configuring and using PaaS services (like WebApp, Database services, Kubernetes, Data Lake,
- Working in Azure DevOps;
- Extensive knowledge in cloud based data integration patterns and architectures;
- Troubleshooting complex scenarios related to an Application Deployment;
- Engineering and coding skills applied in an agile way;
- Proven track record in road mapping, technical architecture design, solution definition, project
management/execution, change/risk management;
- Work experience from large, international companies and have dealt with or worked for global service
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Passionate about driving new technology solutions (change);
- Recognized industry expert with knowledge sharing mentality;
- Good communication and presentation skills (selling the solution);
- Team player with strong leadership skills;
- Strong documentation skills;
- Is able to deliver high quality and value-added advices, based on accurate and objective interpretation of
needs, of the internal and/or external stakeholders;
- Able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including non-verbal communication);
adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience, and the ability to listen
effectively to others and give constructive feedback to others;
- Good customer focus and customer facing skills;
- Able to execute a task in a good manner and with good results with limited supervision.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.