You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Scrum Master (Hardware)
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Physics, Chemistry & materials science
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by demanding product development in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the capabilities to coach multidisciplinary teams to innovative solutions through the AGILE/scrum/SAFe wow? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines together with a highly motivated team make you feel responsible and proud? Then we are looking for you!
Role and responsibilities
As Scrum Master you steer coach and support a team of technical professionals and an average day may look like this:
You lead the Scrum meeting with your team of engineers with different disciplines to align on the short term plan. You work closely together with your Product Owner to align priorities and planning. From the Release Train Engineer you receive the communication on the next Agile Release Train, and you will work on your team’s input.
Later that day, you have a team meeting where you facilitate decision making on the best solution for a complex problem. After this, you meet one of your team members to discuss progress and risks.
- Collaborates with the product owner
- Becomes the ’Go to’ person in the team. Able to coach the PO and team members towards agile values as well as product development flow.
- Ensures timely delivery of committed items on the backlog of the agile team: responsible for progress and reporting of progress during execution of the quarterly plans
- Signals and removes impediments to ensure timely delivery from the scrum team
- Leads, builds and facilitates the team to become high performing: organize retrospectives and initiate team development activities together with the team
- Helps the team to be transparent and predictable in what is delivered
- Creates focus in the team by getting the team to agree to common goals
- Helps the team by keeping distractions at an acceptable minimal level.
- Helps the people around the team to understand which interaction with the team is helpful or not
- Ensures dependencies and risks are managed by the team
- Acts as a team first point of contact towards other D&E competences, but also other sectors (as Manufacturing, Customer Support, Marketing) and ensures communication and collaboration
- Guides the team to adhere to the technical way of working and secures quality by ensuring the correct processes are followed by the team
Education and experience
Must have: MSc or BSc. Degree inMechanical Engineering, Physics or a closely related field of study.
Nice if you have: SAFe SSM, SAFe SASM or CSM certificate
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- More than 3 years working experience in a product development environment
- More than 2 years of experience coordinating a team in a large-scale product development environment
- Good people manager experience - coaching, motivating individuals in developing a high performing team
- Experience managing (external) suppliers and stakeholders
- Nice if you have:
- Coaching certificate
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and practices or even better Scaled Agile Framework
Experience in Change Management
- Can-do mentality
- Embrace the core ASML values: care, collaborate, challenge
- Technical interest in the content
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.