You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
4 days ago - J-00234451-380
Sr. Electrical Hardware Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
The Sr. Electrical Hardware Engineer participates in the design, development, testing and manufacturing support of test equipment utilized to test deep ultraviolet (DUV) light sources. Contributes to the full development cycle of test racks, interface boxes, cabling systems, data acquisition modules and benchtop test setups. The Sr. Test Hardware Engineer participates in cross-functional program teams and works with suppliers and other engineering groups to collect requirements, implement designs and produce the associated documentation.
Role and responsibilities
- Collects and documents hardware requirements for new test equipment.
- Designs the required hardware creating schematics, block diagrams, interconnection diagrams and other engineering design artifacts.
- Coordinates procurement of designed boards and prototype validation / verification.
- Selects off-the-shelf hardware components required for new and sustaining test equipment.
- Supports the creation of test plans and test procedures to validate the design of test equipment.
- Writes user manuals and maintenance manuals for new test equipment.
- Participates in the release process of the new test equipment. Responsible to create Engineering change orders.
- Documents sustaining (legacy) test equipment hardware.
- Interacts with Suppliers, Procurement, Manufacturing and Engineering personnel to develop designs, acquire prototypes and produce special-build/experimental modules.
- Facilitates smooth transition of new designs to Manufacturing, including assessment of technical risk and feedback on qualification testing plan.
- Travels to supplier facilities to perform maintenance activities on existing test tools.
- Troubleshoots test equipment and proposes solutions to equipment problems.
- Gathers information from drawings, specifications and electrical schematics necessary to develop test equipment and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of six (6) years industry experience developing test equipment.
- Hands on hardware design experience with analog and digital design solutions; including design requirements, detailed design & review, component selection & evaluation, procurement, design validation, and release.
- Hands on firmware design experience including VHDL code development, synthesis, constraint design, implementation, optimization, and design verification.
- Hands on hardware troubleshooting experience with analog and digital designs at board, module and system level
- Experience with Schematic Capture, Simulation and Design Tools (OrCAD, PSpice , PADS).
- Experience selecting and integrating NI hardware: DAQ, Digital I/O, RS232, RS422, CAN bus, Ethernet, Embedded RTOS / FPGA modules.
- Experience selecting and integrating industry-rated rack computers.
- Experience developing interface boxes that provide signal routing / signal conditioning.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to use standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, signal generators and power meters.
- Broad technical knowledge of cabling, connectors and connectivity concepts.
- Programming experience (LabVIEW, MatLab, Python) desired but not required.
- Basic knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools including the capability of statistically analyzing data and reporting it in graphical formats (trend charts, CpK, Control Charts, Gauge R&R Studies).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write technical and status reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Demonstrated high level of accountability, responsibility, and technical competence.
- Must be task focused and have a results oriented attitude and approach to the job responsibilities.
- Ability to perform effectively in a process driven demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use structured problem solving to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles.Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.
- May require domestic and international travel dependent on business needs – about 10%
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.