You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00234316-385
Sr. Project Lead Business Improvements
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Wilton Factory holds a department that is responsible for Operations continuous and structural improvements, related to ways of working, processes and IT tooling. For the larger and/or more complex improvements a project lead is assigned who scopes, plans, budgets, executes/drives and reports on the project. Typically these are cross departmental improvements (e.g. cross D&E, logistics, planning, production engineering, manufacturing).
- Create project proposals and project evaluations.
- Exercise projects according to our ASML project methodology.
- Project Leadership: define project team and get approval on project plan. Manage project planning, project execution and realizing impact, including reporting and project closing. Transfer project to process owner in line management.
- Continuous improvements: identify potentials for new improvements and contribute to the improvement of the whole operations value chain (system re-design) and infrastructure by participating in or facilitating problem solving sessions.
- Business case: evaluate financial consequences of required improvement (including resources) to implement improvements.
- Report progress in Project Boards and/or Wilton Factory senior management team.
- Does not only define and steer but is also focused on the operational aspects of the implementation; has a hands-on mentality.
- Ensures continuous commitment of the WF key stakeholders to make the project a success, by addressing them on their tasks and responsibilities.
- Has full understanding of the power and need of Change Management/Communication.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree required.Technical field or business administration preferred.Or equivalent experience.
- Certified in project management methodology such Prince2 or PMBOK foundation & practitioner or similar.
- At least 7 years proven track record in managing cross departmental projects in a technical (manufacturing) environment.
- Has profound knowledge/experience of Project Methodology (e.g. PRINCE2 or PMBOK).
- Job-related knowledge and/or managerial experience, e.g. change agent lean manufacturing, project leader in operations improvement, World Class Manufacturing, Six Sigma (green belt, black belt).
- Know-how of Quality Assurance and Improvement Techniques.
- Advocate for working with Agile practices and mindset.
- A fast-paced manufacturing environment that requires leaders willing to embrace new concepts. He/she must work comfortably in a manufacturing environment that utilizes Lean Manufacturing and Agile concepts and be able to coordinate with others for job accomplishment.
- Must have a working knowledge of the MS Office Suite.
- Social skills to communicate at several levels, team builder, customer-oriented.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.