You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00234799-613
Business Partner Communications (ESG)
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
As the world’s leading chip equipment manufacturer, ASML has ambitious goals to be carbon neutral in its operations, logistics and supply chain within 10 years. Sustainability in the areas of Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) will drive business decisions in coming years. Empowered employees need knowledge and understand the big picture to make smart decisions to achieve our ambitions. Leaders who understand the potential of communication during this change need the right tools, platforms and hands-on support to increase their impact. Change is constant and needs to be explained and advocated, while keeping a close eye on setting the right conditions that enable the right choices. As communications professionals at ASML, we believe we are much more than information purveyors or internal journalists. We seek to support the company in raising its communications competence, improving its communication flows, and thereby increase employee engagement and achieve better results. In order to do this we are looking for you, the new Business Partner Communications (ESG)!
Role and responsibilities
Your mission as Business Partner Communications (ESG) is to ensure that employees and external stakeholders are aware of ASML's ambition to be a global leader in ESG Sustainability targets & performance. You do this by providing the Communications strategy and execution that is needed to reach a level of ownership that we need to reach our goal of making a difference.
As Business Partner Communications (ESG) you will provide communications consultation and hands-on support to ASML’s ESG Sustainability team, the internal business leaders and their business units:
- Consultation involves advice and guidance on communications strategies and tactics.
- Support involves being responsible for leading, coordinating and delivering (strategic) internal communications initiatives, and creating relevant communications content (e.g. written communication, talking points, scripts, presentations)
Given the significant interest in ESG Sustainability performance from external stakeholders, you will also support external communications initiatives, coordinated with business leaders and other teams within Communications (in particular: media relations and corporate messaging). In collaboration with the ESG Sustainability team, you will ensure that various ESG-related projects and initiatives, which are owned and executed by teams and departments across the company, come together in a unified story and message for internal and external stakeholders. You as Business Partner Communications ensure that our ESG Sustainability internal and external communications initiatives have clear objectives that are tied to business goals, allowing you to measure, evaluate and ultimately answer the question: “Did we make a difference?”
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop the ESG Communication Strategy and annual communications plan with the ESG Sustainability team.
- Provide advice to ESG Sustainability team and internal business leaders on communications strategies and tactics, based on a deep understanding of employees’ opinions, needs and abilities that influence their effective participation in the execution of the ESG Sustainability.
- Prioritize workload in agreement with the business leader(s) within available capacity. Raise increased structural demand through the budget process.
- Drive the execution of communication activities, initiatives and projects themselves or by assembling the right expertise and support (incl. from suppliers, from within the wider Communications team and from the business)
- Provide business insights to other Comms teams
- Measure and report on effectiveness of communications
- Manage business leader’s budget / spend on communications as agreed in the annual communications plan
Education and experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in internal and/or corporate communication, preferably in a technology-related environment.
- Master-level education in a relevant field
- Advanced English skills (C1 or higher)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Business acumen and outcomes focus
- Critical thinking and creativity
- Persuasive influence and stakeholder management
- Project management
- Communications measurement
- Audience centricity
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You as Business Partner Communications (ESG) will be part of a large communications team (more than 80 colleagues globally) with a variety of backgrounds and nationalities, offering inspiration and opportunities to develop yourself. Communications at ASML covers corporate communications, employer branding and recruitment marketing as well as internal communications.
You will report to the head of the (internal) business partner team for the enabling/supporting functions in ASML, with a dotted line to the head of ESG Sustainability.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.