You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Project Leader Electron Microscope, ASML Delft
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips
Multi e-Beam Inspection tools are part of ASML’s holistic lithography portfolio. ASML has an Electron Optical competence center in Delft with multi-disciplinary teams where we have combined Research with Development & Engineering.
ASML Delft developing a new generation SEM for ASML’s electron-beam inspection program. This system has several, a complex modules, combining mechanical, and electrical and software design and uses novel MEMS technology. The project is in an early phase and has to go through the various phases of a high technology project (architecture, detailed design, implementation, integration and verification) and should lead to a working prototype mid 2024. This allows both the project lead as the project to grow as time progresses
Interaction and alignment with many stakeholders in Delft, Veldhoven, California and Taiwan is key for the success of the project.
Role and responsibilities
As Project Leader you will:
• Actively lead and give direction to the multi-disciplinary project team and drive the project to best customer value
• Next to project management skills you are able to lead and provide input in technical discussion with your team and internal and external stakeholders
• Together with the architect and the rest of the team you identify and monitor the major (technical) feasibility risks and determine and execute the strategy to mitigated these and deliver in time
• Build and maintain relationships with wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• Give clear and transparent updates to ASML (Sr) management and the engineers in our department. Condense the complex project to a clear key message in front of stakeholders
Education and experience
• Experience with the development of high-tech hardware;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as Project Leader, for a project of at least 10 technical professionals.
• Broad experience in research or development and engineering in the high tech industry.
• University Master’s in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Earth Sciences or the like. Knowledge about Electron optics, microscopy and MEMS is a pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Able to bring structure to a complex project and maintain overview, while not forgetting the details
• Can motivate and convince a team of professional designers, through facilitation and empowering others. A team player with excellent social skills and a pragmatic attitude.
• Ability to collaborate, bring people together, challenge their opinions and influence without hierarchy
• Shows ownership mentality – Challenge and be challenged on triple constraint and project progress.
• Affinity with Agile work methods.
• Good communication skills and reporting skills and knowledge of English language.
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio and has a department in Delft.
Within the D&E sector, our department is responsible for functions, modules, technical competences and qualification tools for inspection equipment, in particular multi-beam electron microscopes.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.