You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00234896-654
Motor Design Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Reticle Positioning Group, a division of ASML’s Mechatronics and Measurement Department, in Wilton CT is seekinga Linear Motor Electromagnetic Actuator Designer in the Reticle Positioning MTD group of Mechatronics and Measurement US with concentration in deriving requirements, conceiving and analyzing options, and driving module level decisions as well as documenting system functionality and planning and performing test to verify performance.
This position will involve:
- Ideation, modeling, analysis and design of advanced, custom, one-of-a-kind linear actuators to meet requirements for new products.
- Predictions of extendibility of existing designs.
- Participation in the manufacturing process development.
- Root cause analysis of issues on older products.
- Candidate will interface and work with other motor design experts, even overseas, to exchange knowledge and seek peer review.
- Candidate will work with designers from supporting engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, controls, and supply chain engineers) and interface with manufacturers in order to converge on an overall design solution optimized for performance, cost, reliability, manufacturability, and serviceability.
- Ideal candidate will also have experience in the integration of actuators in a full mechatronic module with considerations for dynamics and control.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Electrical, Controls or Physics with 5+ years of work related experience with an emphasis on actuator design and modeling, or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree or PhD preferred.
- Modeling and analysis and design of advanced, custom, one-of-a-kind linear actuators
- Able to work with designers from supporting engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, controls, and supply chain engineers)
- Able to interface with manufacturers in order to converge on an overall design solution optimized for performance, cost, reliability, manufacturability, and serviceability.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.