You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00234737-648
Industrialization Project Engineer
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
The Industrialization Project Engineer (also known as Upgrade & Sequence Integrator) works closely with the Industrialization Project Lead and Upgrade, Sequence, Availability, Diagnostics architects to create and deliver the Work Prep (Sequences, BOM-BOP and tooling) for Upgrades, Installs and Service Actions that are integrated, qualified and released to our internal and external EUV customers. Core responsibilities are to use the high-level upgrade/blueprint structure to create optimized sequences, taking into account dependencies, resourcing, tooling, materials, and other prerequisites, while minimizing system downtime and optimize cycle time and availability. The Upgrade & Sequence Integrator will strive to maximize synergy between Upgrades, Installs and Service by maintaining commonality of the sequences and other work prep deliverables. He/she will also lead the qualification of the Work Prep in internal (protos, factory) and external customers. Also the Upgrade Integrator provides field support through the execution of upgrades of EUV Sources.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Drives generation, qualification and release of upgrades, install and service Work Prep
- Collects inputs required for sequence creation from blueprints (SDS/EDS), 6x work prep, and other sources of information
- Reports on Work Prep preparation and execution for Upgrades, Installs and Service via 6x
- Interacts with cross-functional groups (Project leads, Main Delivery Owners (MDOs), System Engineering, Manufacturing and Equipment Engineers, Upgrade, Sequence, Availability, Diagnostics architects, worldwide customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, program, upper management, marketing), crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization
- Provides feedback for improvement of processes and WoW (Way of Working) used by the System Industrialization Management and Verification team
- Collects and aligns input from projects and Functional Clusters (FCs) to be able to develop the required Work Prep
- Creates sequences in the agreed upon and uniform format (Common Access and Repair States (CARS), SMS/FMS framework)
- Drives for efficient verification of sequences by leading generation and execution of an Alpha test (internal ASML qualification step)
- Reports all issues found, and prioritizes them based on impact to availability and cycle time and contributes to issue business case definition by providing all relevant information
- Ensures issue follow-up is done in alignment with the upgrade, sequence and availability architects and functions
- Ensures all of work is captured in uniform documents (Alpha TPS/TAR, etc.)
- Supports Customer Support (CS) and Factory with the creation and on-site support of Upgrade, Install and Service Work Prep
- Helps to close the feedback loop for MTTR - from specification (SDS) through design (sequence) to result (execution) and back
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML formats
- Works according set safety standards in and outside of the cleanroom
- Assists in collecting data, performing data analysis, summarizing results, and preparing presentation of results for review
- Travels to ASML headquarters in Veldhoven, Netherlands for cross-ocean team alignment and support as well as customer sites for Factory installs and upgrades (5-10%)
- Completes timesheets, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with ASML’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval
Education and experience
- BS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Math or any other applicable STEM degree. Minimum 2 years of experience required with BS degree.
- MS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering preferred. No experience required with MS degree.
- Experience in coding a strong plus.
- Knowledge and experiences in high-tech machinery, optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such devices preferred, not required.
- Experiences with vacuum systems a plus.
- Experiences in semiconductor equipment development a strong plus.
- Product development experience a strong plus.
Technical knowledge of ASML EUV systems is preferred, as well as:
- Experience with new product introductions
- Able to prioritize & delegate
- Able to predict potential issues based on designs (SPS/SDS/EPDS/etc.)
- Self-supporting – able to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Good stakeholder management
- Proactive drive
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent (internal) customer skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
Proficient at stakeholder management and alignment.Proactive.
Possesses good presentation skills and is able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
Plans activities and executes to schedules established by the program.
Experience in using MS Office, MS Project and Visio.
Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization. Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
Ability to receive and comprehend instructions.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Will require travel dependent on business needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Capable and effective in taking on a broad scope of activities.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.