You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Project Manager
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you energized by being the driving force of a team, guiding them towards delivery of the latest design of Spotless, the Wafer Table Reconditioning system for our most advanced lithographic DUV machines?
Are you the one who is persistent in achieving these deliveries, has technical capability to understand our technical complex product and is capable to interact with people with different disciplines, levels, and cultural backgrounds?
Then we can offer you an attractive position as project manager of the DUV Spotless project. Together with your team you develop and realize the product that maintains wafer table performance over its lifetime; a great opportunity for your professional and personal growth.
Role and responsibilities
As Spotless project manager you drive a multidisciplinary team in the development of a new Spotless unit and application that is being developed for our high end DUV platforms.
The team you lead consists of Main Deliverable Owners (sub project lead), architects, analysts and designers. You guide them through the stages of the product development cycle: from the feasibility phase, to the detailed design phase, to the integration and test phase until finally a volume-ready product is realized.
You interact closely with customers to gain better insight in use cases and associated improvement opportunities, arrange beta tests, and resolve escalations. You manage the many interfaces the project has with other sectors within ASML such as procurement, sourcing, logistics, supply chain, manufacturing and customer support, coordinating contributions from the project team in Veldhoven and teams in Berlin and Wilton.
The responsibilities of the project manager Spotless development consist of;
- Plan and control: define and maintain a project plan to meet the agreed set of deliverables.
- Execute progress tracking and meet milestones at given timing and budget constraints.
- Technical alignment is done with the architects and system engineering.
- Organization and team structure: maintain an effective team organization that reflects the work content , ensuring the team is at right information level and interdependencies are identified and managed.
- Risk and escalation management: technical and non-technical risks for new designs and processes will be evaluated by means of FMEAs.
- You understand the proper escalation paths and act accordingly. Solve problems/escalations with the team and lead the team.
- Communication: you will clearly communicate minutes of meetings with the team and suppliers. You report progress of your project to PCM and program and will assist the PCM in progress reviews.
- Stakeholder management: As a wafer table project manager you will interact with many internal and external stakeholders. These include the teams in Berlin and Wilton, factory, customer support, research, Systems Engineering, marketing, and procurement.
Education and experience
- Master Degree, or PhD in an engineering or technical discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, Electronics or Chemistry)
- 5+ year experience leading complex and multi-disciplinary projects in a high tech industrial environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong social and communication skills to build lasting relations and create an atmosphere of cooperation and trust.
- Solid technical background to understand and explain the technical challenges and solutions.
- Goal orientation: you show a high level of commitment to realize agreed objectives and take full ownership to overcome obstacles.
- Flexibility: you act with a high level of adaptation to changing circumstances and adjust your style of interaction to different (intercultural) teams and people.
- Self-reflects on own behavior and performance to identify strengths and development needs in skills or knowledge.
- Self-propelling: act pro-active, take initiative and always act to the greater good of the product such that they serve our customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills in speech and writing
- Willing to travel (5~10%)
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.