You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position with be responsible for overseeing warehousing and logistics operations managed by a third party logistics supplier (3PL) for both ASML EUV Business Division and Cymer DUV Business Division. Scope includes translating factory forecasts into warehouse workload, setting and managing daily/weekly priorities, and driving process improvement and inventory reduction implementation with close internal alignment with planning, finance and manufacturing management.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage the warehouse transition strategy from company operated warehouse to 3PL managed warehouse including hand off of processes and procedures, managing employee relations regarding transfer of knowledge and change management, and implementation of contract terms.
- Interact with peers in areas such as Manufacturing, IS&T, Finance, Planning & Procurement to optimize systems and procedures and establish operational objectives towards the 3PL. Liaise between key stakeholders and Supplier to meet objectives.
- Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning logistics and material management. This includes preparing and delivering executive level presentations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement solutions with the 3PL in accordance with SOX and trade & customs standard and requirements.
- Ensures documentation for international orders to and from the US are compliant with legal requirements.
- Monitor shrinkage based on contractual agreements to ensure losses are captured, documented and claimed.
- Ensure safety incidents are correct reported and containment and structural solutions are identified and implemented.
- Communicate status of critical inbound and outbound shipments towards the planning and manufacturing teams.
- Develop and manage budget for 3PL Operation and participate in long term financial planning initiatives with EUV and DUV management.
- Develop resource planning models to ensure alignment with business objectives, control and accuracy base on agreed forecasts from planning teams.
- Develop a system of performance metrics with the 3PL to monitor service levels for management reporting and business reviews.
- Coordinate and inspect work performed by contractors, service providers and vendors (freight, packaging, 3PL, IS, other services). May be involved in negotiation with providers to ensure optimized service levels and improve costs.
- Oversee and monitor warehouse space utilization including non-inventory storage.
- Identify opportunities and initiatives to reduce or mitigate the use of offsite storage facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.(Business, Production Operations Management or Supply Chain Management preferred).Or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years related experience in warehousing, logistics, manufacturing or distribution and customer service.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience working with Third party Logistics or general supplier performance management.
- Experienced in using ERP systems. SAP experience is preferred.
- Managed a dynamic and high demanding environment.
- Understanding of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Transportation Management Systems (TMS), and ERP systems.
- Knowledge/hands-on experience with software/technical tools (Microsoft office suite, knowledge of spotfire reporting a plus).
- Soft skill requirements: strong English communication skills–both written and oral, ability to influence.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP Certification is preferred.
- LEAN Six Sigma background is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to translate and statistically analyze data and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Strong people management skills through a culture of accountability and metric driven objectives.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of internal customer relationship building.
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job. May need to consult with higher level staff members on some technical issues.
- Able to strategically and tactically manage all functions within the Logistics/Warehouse department and plan for proper support of operational demands.
- Able to resolve issues, make difficult decisions with staff or customers, and manage personnel issues to resolution.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.