You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Test Technician (2nd shift - Sign on Bonus!)
Other technical job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This role leads the building and testing of lasers and laser sub-systems, builds and tests prototypes and validates manufacturing processes.Sub-system assembly, optical alignment, functional test, equipment calibration, station setup and process development support.Recommends changes in design, methods, and procedures to enhance product quality.
Role and responsibilities
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Trains others on areas of test processes and troubleshooting when required.
- Performs a variety of extremely complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA).
- Utilizes functional area databases to run reports and analyze/trend data; Makes recommendations to management in order to meet production needs.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special tests and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical to product quality or operations.
- Uses specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot and alignment instruments.
- Troubleshoots failures with pressurized Gas, and Water sytems with Helium.
- Reads and understands business documents such as Bill of Materials, routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Installs electrical connectors to modules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires minimum of eight (8) years of work experience.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.
- Experience in using all electronic/pneumatic tools.
- Experience with Automated Testing Equipment, LabVIEW preferred.
- Strong ability to read and interpret schematics/drawings.
- Strong understanding of laser systems is required.
- Applies advanced knowledge of Company policies and technical skills in support of multiple products, services and components.
- Advanced electrical/ electronic background.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot, identify and correct problems in complex software-driven electronic systems, (not circuit-board troubleshooting).
- Familiarity with cleanroom protocol is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, basic algebra.
- Full to advanced proficiency with a wide variety of tools and equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, multi-meters, chart recorders, Mensors, and Helium Sniffers).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires general computer skills and knowledge.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.