You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00235181-054
Tool Maker/Machinist - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Integration, Quality, Reliability, and Test department is responsible for ensuring the product design quality, and supporting the other engineering development teams in creating and testing the feasibility hardware. The Model Shop team is responsible for delivering machined parts and rework of mechanical components for utilization by the ASML Wilton Production and engineering organizations. Machinist/Toolmaker interested in a small tool-room environment fabricating and modifying intricate and precise parts for complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and microchips.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Primary responsibility will be to operate in safe and efficient manner manual machine tools, miscellaneous power and hand tools, and all associated ancillary equipment for fabricating and modifying parts. Other responsibilities will include, maintaining a clean and organized shop, following safety guidelines, and other tasks not directly related to machine shop operations in support of projects and production operations.
- Read, understand and develop a manufacturing plan from engineering drawings.
- Operate machining equipment in a safe and clean manner.
Utilize various tools and machining equipment:
- CNC Machines.
- Milling machines.
- Drill presses.
- And more.
Education and experience
- High School Degree or GED, with a minimum of 5 years relevant multidisciplinary technical work experience.
- High School Degree or GED, and Technical Certification (i.e. state certified machinist apprenticeship program) with a minimum of 3 years relevant multidisciplinary technical work experience
- Able to read, review and develop a manufacturing plan from engineering drawings.
- Proficiency or willingness to train in computer aided machining software(ie: masterCam) and Microsoft office suite.
- Proficiency in or willingness to adopt metric system.
- Ability to machine intricate and precise parts from a variety of materials, stainless steel, aluminum, and plastic on typical tool-room machine tools.
- Demonstrated skill working to close tolerances (+/- .01mm) from complicated drawings, sketches, engineering data and/or verbal instructions.
- Proficiency in planning, setup, and operation of machine tools based on work orders, drawing, machining instructions to machine parts to specifications.
- Conduct inspection to confirm parts meet quality standards.
Proficient use of various manufacturing tools and equipment:
- CNC Machines.
- Milling machines.
- Drill presses.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Goal driven, quality focused, team oriented.
- Flexible and able to progress within an uncertain and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to work with and understand complex plans.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily open office, Machine Shop, and lab space.
- Will be required to wear PPE and embrace ASML’s safety culture.
- Will be required to stand, kneel, bend, and lift objects up to 16 kilograms.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanisms, sharp objects, and hazardous energy.
- Regularly exposed to moderate noise levels in lab.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
- Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.